Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

He simply has to start - he is our best player and some.

The team should be primed to go through him at every opportunity unfortunately it won’t and he be off come next summer at the latest.

We have a gem on our hands and we’re letting it slip through the fingers.

At the end of the day I want to be entertained by Villa - we’ve just let our most entertaining player go, let’s not lose our best player please ! 

• Like 3

I know he played RM at Norwich, but clearly not blessed with the pace to play on the wing in the prem. Old fashioned number 10 or a hybrid 8 playing with Doug and Kamara fits him the best. Needs a little more defensive discipline to play that hybrid 8 role though.

Think that's where he'll be at his best. If you play that 4321, the two inside forwards have to be pacey counter-attackers and so when Gerrard plays Buendia/Coutinho or Buendia/Bailey or Coutinho/Bailey, it's just not a natural fit in the 4321. He plays as the #10 in the diamond formation or if Gerrard comes to his senses, plays as a #10 in a 4231 or a hybrid #8 in a 433.

Edited by DJBOB

18 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Best player in matches, best player in training, yet he’s not a regular starter… 🤷‍♂️

What a baller From Sanson, Why he not starter? I notice Buendia and Ramsey (much better without mcginn lost ball)  Sanson very good work together and Archer play striker for them and they are play beautiful combined! 

they all should give a start.

anyway. 

I think we should play with this with Buendia keys as he close upfield give us less pressure and better ball renetion (sp)

Buendia should've play in No.10 in 4-3-2-1 (Gerrard preferred) with Bailey as Free Roam to wide either side like this with Sanson free running up and down, and Luiz as CM heart of passing link bridge forward and wide, and centre. + Long Shot (Drop Mcginn) will solve the problem

--------0---->------------------------^-----
------------0--->-----------^-------0----
-^----0----------0---------0-----------^---
0---------0------v------0--------------0
-----------------------0---------------------

that diagram:
one side play as Narrow style overload full back, Ollie extra man to gain space and bailey sneak in box or dash to box to free man with bailey in case cross to far post with late running.

and other side as wide with full back random overlap or underlap with suspire counter attack with Ollie stay at other side as make they think we play left side again as post match alystic (Sp) say we preferred attack at left side.

Gerrard should play this style; so Plan A and B, even C ask Bailey come centre play centre narrow. plan D Buendia as play as forward (Deep lay or false 9) and Ollie + Bailey stay wide. 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a firm favourite on here but I’d have him behind both Coutinho and Bailey. Coutinho is very inconsistent but he’s far better than Buendia. 

Why is it a choice? A good manager gets all 3 on. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a firm favourite on here but I’d have him behind both Coutinho and Bailey. Coutinho is very inconsistent but he’s far better than Buendia. 

Buendia was poor today but he's better than Coutinho. Buendia and Bailey should both be starting. But they need a proper midfield behind them (McGinnless basically).

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agree to disagree.  Coutinho, for me, is just getting his place because of his past successes...  he can't finish 90 minutes... and just doesn't create what Buendia creates.  Bailey and Buendia are our two brightest most talented player that actually might help us look dangerous and actually score.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not at chance on Coutinho is better then Buendia on current form or end product. He's been total garbage since the start of this season. 

It's like Gerrard is trying to play him into form whilst neglecting others.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Coutinho maybe. Bailey no chance.

Better at what exactly? Dropping the shoulder, hitting one into the keepers arms from 25 yards. I feel bad for coutinho just like I do for the majority of our players. But he’s got one goal contribution in his last 1035 minutes of premier league football for us 

I think Coutinho is better than Buendia too. The problem is, he is just so out of form. Gerrard is playing him in the hope that something will spark but for now, I would get him out of the team for a bit.

Â