FA Youth Cup Semi-Final vs West Brom (14th May 18:00)

OutByEaster?

The youth games really are a good watch. They play with honesty and enthusiasm and no play acting or arguing with the referee.

It probably helps the enjoyment that we do have some really exciting  youngsters, and it will be fascinating to follow their development.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Klopp will try to play Salah and Thiago as ringers

I would be fairly confident this lot would beat them regardless 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Match Day people, lets have your score predictions. 

3-1 Villa for me, can't wait to see our youngsters in action again. 

Never seen WBA youth play, so can't say.

but if our kids are hoping to gatecrash the first team and I sincerely hope they do.....they have to show the qualities that the manager can trust.

From my experience, there can be a tendency from some to over hype some young players i.e the Moore Bros etc.

Tonight is only one game, but it will be interesting see....I am very much a first team only fan, so I watch, with interest.

I will be looking at their feet, their movement, their positioning , their ball control, their pace, their power and stamina......I will look for them not getting caught in possesion, not a good trait for me.....I will be looking for their ability to play a searching ball in and look for runners.

I will be looking for their prowess, in their runs, the ability to start a timely run....I will look for the abilty of defenders to stay strong and read danger...etc,etc.

I hope we win, but the most important thing with youth, is to find the next stars for the first team.

Looking forward to it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

too old unfortunately

but this was a player, folk was reporting everyone was after and we were fighting to keep him.

yet he hasn't started yet and too old for the cup tonight.

These are the confusing mutterings I hear being a first team only fan....is it BS? from over excited youth team fans.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Yep. Haven't seen this team before so looking forward to this.

They have been absolutely stunning in the previous rounds

• Like 1

I definitely wouldn't be taking this lot lightly. Highly rated academy with players and employees we have been nicking, trialling and looking at. Fingers crossed we've got too much for them. Barry should be on one today. Come on boys. Get it done. 

• Like 1