FA Youth Cup Semi-Final vs West Brom (14th May 18:00)

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Who are the ones to watch for them?

I don't know but the recurring names on twitter seem to be Malcolm & Richards.

• Thanks 1

Malcom and Richards are probably their main attacking threat, I think Malcom is probably the reason we're starting Swinkels today as he's a big strong striker, Richards also very highly rated, there was a rumour last summer that we were trying to sign him, but he signed a contract with them. Watching them in the last round their fullbacks Sousa and Ingram also looked decent,, as did their two central midfielders Teixeira and Iroegbunam.

Basically they're a decent team, that we shouldn't judge on their league form, because like us they use that for development and treat this competition more competitively, as can been seen by them beating two very good teams in Everton and Tottenham in the last two rounds, they put five past Spurs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Never seen WBA youth play, so can't say.

but if our kids are hoping to gatecrash the first team and I sincerely hope they do.....they have to show the qualities that the manager can trust.

From my experience, there can be a tendency from some to over hype some young players i.e the Moore Bros etc.

Tonight is only one game, but it will be interesting see....I am very much a first team only fan, so I watch, with interest.

I will be looking at their feet, their movement, their positioning , their ball control, their pace, their power and stamina......I will look for them not getting caught in possesion, not a good trait for me.....I will be looking for their ability to play a searching ball in and look for runners.

I will be looking for their prowess, in their runs, the ability to start a timely run....I will look for the abilty of defenders to stay strong and read danger...etc,etc.

I hope we win, but the most important thing with youth, is to find the next stars for the first team.

Looking forward to it.

Imagine the enthusiasm if you were a fan.

• Haha 1