Breakaway League

Jareth

3 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

Perez seems to be calling out everyone including Gary Neville and Boris Johnson.. 🤣

Sounds like he is doing a Wrestlemania challenge. Perez and Klopp vs Neville and BoJo

The silly aspect of this is the Premier League clubs could easily make more money whilst keeping the integrity of competition intact. If there was a subscription app or TV app for around 10-15 a Month showing all the games, the league can easily make £4/5 billion a year. Then there's the sponsorship deals, match day revenue etc. 

It's Barcelona, Real Madrid (how many times have the Spanish government bailed these scummers out?) The Italian clubs that are not that attractive because of their monopolies. Barca are in dire straits.

Yes Barca and Real have huge followings but they're losing money because of their own monopoly on La Liga and the deals they've got for themselves.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Damn its really happening isn't it. Just goes to show anything can happen in footy. Lot of people saying yesterday there was zero chance it was happening, lot has changed in just 24 hrs

It's happening but it's all about how the rest of football deals with it. The 14 have to be strong but I bet Newcastle and Burnley will fold the cowards.

I’m not sure if I even care about this happening. I don’t care who Villa play, I just want us to be competitive. I really enjoyed our time in the Championship, probably a lot more than I enjoyed last season and recent weeks of this season to be honest.    But we probably need to understand how it’s all going to work before we all go nuts.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, supermon said:

Damn its really happening isn't it. 

In my opinion this is dead in the water. 

The final three founding clubs still missing. And I doubt many clubs will touch this with a pole. The moral high ground is the right place to be right now. Among German and French clubs. Five more teams to qualify? Forget it. Nobody will join this league as guests without punishment from the UEFA.

I think Man City will be the first club to abandon this project. They, and to a lesser exctent Chelsea have owners that want prestige, not return on investment. 

The most important thing is to kick them out. If they actually go through with it, they need to be kicked out regardless. But even if there should be a negotiated return, those negotiations should be done from a position of strenght. They should give to be allowed back in, not demand stuff in order to stay. 

Edited by Silent_Bob
  • Like 2

Florentino Perez thinks ninety minutes is too long a game for young people nowadays, he's going to look to shorten games to make them more attractive to viewers.

His interview this evening was the most arrogant, pompous crap you'll ever hear, he's a danger to football and he needs to go.

14 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

Chelsea & City?

How will they renegade on s contract though, they can't save face either way.

How did any of the 6 think this was going to go down well, I bet they knew and just felt that they'd ride the tide but in essence the money that will come in on a yearly basis will be worth it... Scum!!

Â