Breakaway League

Jareth

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Eventually the league without Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool or the 'big six' as they're often collectively called, would eventually become just as uncompetitive as it is now, as other teams over time take their place as the dominant forces, teams like us, Everton, Newcastle, Leicester and a few others would fill the spaces vacated.

I don’t think it would ever get this bad again. I loved our time in the championship so if the PL ends up being like that I’m all for it.

It should be seen as an opportunity to support the lower leagues more and not have those 6 **** lording it over everyone else.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

The 6 franchise clubs won’t be leaving the PL. You’d have to get 15 clubs to agree to kick them out (75%), not 14/20 like other changes. 

Just expand the league to 26 clubs. Promote the top 6 in the championship. Vote out the scum 6.

Or alternatively. Vote to change that rule then kick them out anyway. 

La Liga have bottled it. No threat to the Spanish clubs at losing their La liga spots. I assume the same will end up being true of serie A. The only way to end this is through the prem. And the only way to do that is to not grant permits, kick the clubs out of domestic competitions and fine them upto their tits to compensate for the loss of revenue in TV deals. 

• Like 1

If I was an Arsenal fan, I think I'd be more worried about this than I am as a Villa fan.

Villa got relegated and I enjoyed, mostly, our years in the Championship. Different standard, but fun, competitive and interesting. Then we got promoted and had the drama of a last day survival. This year the incredible start which is probably fizzling out to still a solid season. So if this happens, I think I'd be fine with watching whatever standard of football we're left with.

But if I'm an Arsenal fan, I probably get to watch us lose 9 times out of ten. I don't get to see any success even at a lower level. It's just infinite pain, infinite embarrassment with no light at the end of the tunnel. After being seen as a massive club all of the average fans life, they suddenly become the Burnley of the new league. It's like they don't understand SOMEONE has to be the small fish. It might be a closed league, but you're never seeing success again ever.

Then half way through the season, the 'competition' is over. You gain nothing from 2nd down and there is no relegation to fight so all tension disappears. Tottenham vs Chelsea is the new Brighton vs Southampton but without the fear and passion of relegation thrown in. Basically a friendly.

The league may take a little pain for a year or two but sometimes you have to make a stand. Scotland did it in a 2 team league by expelling Rangers. The league suffered a bit but Rangers came back. Remove these teams until they forfeit their place in the SL, they will be back one day. The league won't work, the money will dry up, the plastic fans who like the idea now will get bored, the players will want to play for their national teams and back they'll come starting at the bottom of the league trying to fight back.

Get Sky, BT and Amazon to agree to maintain their current financial packages and not show SL games and you starve the new league of exposure and sponsorship. Most fans would probably adopt another team - Wimbledon/MK Dons springs to mind when you push a fanbase too far.

• Like 1

"Gary Neville speaks about 'You'll Never Walk Alone', that should be almost forbidden, to be honest. We have a lot of rights to sing that anthem, it's our anthem and he doesn't understand it anyway. I really don't want these kind of things because it's not fair.

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/jurgen-klopp-gary-neville-1182352?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR21XNSsRGGSev7z1E_ayXxX5_Y3dqOGZsyYs9k4Gw4mXmWJ81C8HWttoew#Echobox=1618869488

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

La Liga have bottled it. No threat to the Spanish clubs at losing their La liga spots. I assume the same will end up being true of serie A. The only way to end this is through the prem. And the only way to do that is to not grant permits, kick the clubs out of domestic competitions and fine them upto their tits to compensate for the loss of revenue in TV deals. 

Serie A and la Liga aren't really important in this. It's all about the premier clubs. These serie a clubs etc want protection from the likes of Us , Leicester Newcastle Arabia, Everton buying their best players. The 6 want to stop this happening too.

Just now, jackbauer24 said:

If I was an Arsenal fan, I think I'd be more worried about this than I am as a Villa fan.

Villa got relegated and I enjoyed, mostly, our years in the Championship. Different standard, but fun, competitive and interesting. Then we got promoted and had the drama of a last day survival. This year the incredible start which is probably fizzling out to still a solid season. So if this happens, I think I'd be fine with watching whatever standard of football we're left with.

But if I'm an Arsenal fan, I probably get to watch us lose 9 times out of ten. I don't get to see any success even at a lower level. It's just infinite pain, infinite embarrassment with no light at the end of the tunnel. After being seen as a massive club all of the average fans life, they suddenly become the Burnley of the new league. It's like they don't understand SOMEONE has to be the small fish. It might be a closed league, but you're never seeing success again ever.

Then half way through the season, the 'competition' is over. You gain nothing from 2nd down and there is no relegation to fight so all tension disappears. Tottenham vs Chelsea is the new Brighton vs Southampton but without the fear and passion of relegation thrown in. Basically a friendly.

The league may take a little pain for a year or two but sometimes you have to make a stand. Scotland did it in a 2 team league by expelling Rangers. The league suffered a bit but Rangers came back. Remove these teams until they forfeit their place in the SL, they will be back one day. The league won't work, the money will dry up, the plastic fans who like the idea now will get bored, the players will want to play for their national teams and back they'll come starting at the bottom of the league trying to fight back.

Get Sky, BT and Amazon to agree to maintain their current financial packages and not show SL games and you starve the new league of exposure and sponsorship. Most fans would probably adopt another team - Wimbledon/MK Dons springs to mind when you push a fanbase too far.

Arsenal Fan TV guy is going to make a fortune

Florentino Pérez is currently being interviewed.

Not sugarcoating that it is all about the money. “Football will be dead in 2024” apparently.

Also it’s good for the small teams because they will have more money to buy their players 🤣

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Serie A and la Liga aren't really important in this. It's all about the premier clubs. These serie a clubs etc want protection from the likes of Us , Leicester Newcastle Arabia, Everton buying their best players. The 6 want to stop this happening too.

They are because if they aren't punished you are just kicking the problem down the road. 

Â