Breakaway League

Jareth

**** them. But to really show it all non participate supporters (or real football fans in general) will have to take no interest, I mean it as not watching any of those shower of shite . Never gonna happen as its like asking us fans not to follow champions league. But I think that's the only way to give them a great **** off

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just seen it in on the news, but the 'big six' are off....

Lots of chatter about this in the games gone thread but it does probably deserve its own thread. 

Huge ramifications if it happens

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

**** them. But to really show it all non participate supporters (or real football fans in general) will have to take no interest, I mean it as not watching any of those shower of shite . Never gonna happen as its like asking us fans not to follow champions league. But I think that's the only way to give them a great **** off

I'd like to think that that the good people of Liverpool will turn their backs on this 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/european-super-league-latest-news-b1833392.html

If they do it, then I think the existing football structure has to take a strong stance - these teams shouldn't be allowed to compete in existing European competition, or in the FA Cup and the players involved shouldn't be allowed to play in International football.

This has been a threat since the CEO's of Europe's biggest clubs realised they can't afford to be involved in leagues where there is the possibility of change, where there are chances that they don't succeed in perpetuity.

I think I speak for most football fans when I say - f*** em.

If this was us I would say **** the board

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Doubtful, Liverpool fans only care about Liverpool being elite and in the money. 

I give them more credit - in that they respect the game 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

It's all about them putting pressure on UEFA to write regulations that guarantee and underscore their positions and their financial stability - it's about ending change through sporting ability, forever, in favour of maintaining the status quo.

We really do need UEFA and the existing footballing authorities to be strong on this.

We also need fans every to understand the villains at the heart of this movement.

The likes of Woodward and Levy need to be aware that if they do this, they'll never be safe in any kind of public space again. 

• Like 3

Interesting that PSG and Bayern aren't involved.

It's basically a European competition without the inconvenience or worry of having to qualify. 

It's an horrendous stitch up.

City too, they are the top 6 English club not to back it

They must have a TV deal ready to go or it's pointless. Amazon or a Facebook perhaps? Could be the start of football heading quickly towards streaming.

If they don't, they're idiots. Not many platforms have money to chuck round at the moment.

FIFA or even the PL might have to step in and say if you play in this, you're out of all our comps.

Interesting that PSG and Bayern aren't involved.

It's basically a European competition without the inconvenience or worry of having to qualify. 

It's an horrendous stitch up.

I think that the biggest issue from this sort of thinking is that it is dull - you cannot remove the drama from sport and expect people to buy it - other than in the US

• Like 1

The TV deal is appalling too - each team would have the right to put four games on their own platform - so no money shared out, no money into prize money, just the money from those games going directly and only to the broadcast club.

Â