Set pieces

turvontour

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

I always think Hause should be a huge threat from set plays. He wins everything, sadly it seems when he wins an attacking header he’s got a head like a balloon

Whereas Konsa seems to be one of our main threats in the opposition box.

Good call on Hause.

Remember the days when Rory Delap would head up the touchline to take a throw for Stoke, in those days I used to think "here we go again", "bloody Pulis" and think it was almost like anti-football. I am glad they've addressed that we need to be more competitive at set pieces, especially indirect ones. I look forward to his input and hopefully a difference. Marginal gains and all, I will take a goal no matter how it goes in... especially if Jack goes and we need all the help we can get in getting our chances-per-game up.

The more I think about this appointment, the more I think it is a sign that we truly have evolved as a forward thinking club, modernising and addressing deficits. We really do want to compete, at all costs.

AUSTIN fella, in the 1-in-a-million chance you ever Google yourself and it brought you to Villa Talk, welcome matey! 

• Like 2

On 04/08/2021 at 23:38, Talldarkandransome said:

On a side note this Austin Mcphee looks a bit like Southgate with long hair. And also the weird bloke from friends with the PHD who dated Phoebe

Moe Szyslak?

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Jim Nelson I think his real name is

Hank Azaria is the actor's name. He plays David (the guy with the PHD) in Friends and also does the voice of Moe (Szyslak), the barkeeper in the Simpsons.

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Hank Azaria is the actor's name. He plays David (the guy with the PHD) in Friends and also does the voice of Moe (Szyslak), the barkeeper in the Simpsons.

No not him, the weirdo with the PHD, pretty huge d***. Was only in one episode 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

No not him, the weirdo with the PHD, pretty huge d***. Was only in one episode 

Aaaaahhhh. Oops.:D

Edited by sparrow1988

When was the last time we scored from a direct freekick, it must have been eons ago tbh!? With Young and Bailey in the squad, we will have these opportunities to capitalise for a change, especially late in the game when Young is subbed on (assuming he dosen't start). Got a feeling we will get a few this year tbh.

Edited by Villatillidie95

Â