Ranking Existing Premier League Stadiums

Demitri_C

Stadiums

___

Ranking The 20 Premier League Stadiums From Worst To Best

By Cam Pattison

The Premier League is blessed with 20 sublime stadiums all with their unique characters and special atmospheres but who has the best stadium in the English top-flight?

To rank the stadiums we’re going to be looking at aesthetic, capacity, and their unique personalities.

20. Craven Cottage – Fulham

Unfortunately, Craven Cottage finishes bottom by default given its current situation. With the work being done on Fulham’s ground it has become a bit of a mess and can be a bit unsettling to look at when the London club feature on Sky or BT. That said, the old-fashioned nature of some of its stands should be commended as it maintains the history of the club.

You May Also Like

Former Man City star Robinho sentenced to nine years in prison

The Premier League Club Leeds United Winger Raphinha Nearly Signed For

19. Turf Moor – Burnley

With a capacity of only 21,400, Turf Moor isn’t exactly at home in the Premier League. It is a ground that people would likely associate more with the lower divisions given its ranking as only the 44th largest stadium in England. That said, its smaller size makes it brings the fans closer to the action and has made it a fortress in seasons gone by.

18. Selhurst Park – Crystal Palace

Selhurst Park is a similar case study to Turf Moor. The London based ground only others 5000 more seats than its Lancashire counterpart leaving it 34th in England in terms of capacity. That said it brings a nostalgic sense of days gone by with the style of its stands. Add to that the vibrancy of the blue and red seats contrasting against each other you have a stadium with a bucket load of character even if it is small in size.

Click the link above for more ...

Is it me being biased but VIlla Park 10th? Leeds ahead of us?

And not being funny but even though OT has the largest capacity its falling apart. They cant even afford to do the renovation works as it cost to much work.

I think Villa park is definitely in the top 6 of stadiums in england for its history

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Take VP out and that is still a horrific list.

Craven Cottage is a unique and interesting stadium. An original Archibald Leitch.

Equal last place should be all the toilet shaped ones that I couldn't tell apart from an aerial shot if my life depended on it.

Agree

Leicesters stadium is the same as hulls stadium just with blue seats, Hull stadium is the same as Cardiffs, Cardiffs is the same as swanseas

Brightons is a slightly older variant meaning that it's the same as Bolton and Huddersfields

It looks like a list that would put Wembley top if it could 

• Like 1

I was tempted to rip into this list but I really can’t be bothered. It’s poorly written and designed to generate clicks as you can see from the repeated links to other click bait stories. We all know that Villa Park is the most magnificent ground in the league, no need to say any more really. 

One thing I do find odd about Villa Park is that fans always say how shit the individual stands are, but then the same people always say its a brilliant stadium

I've read how awful the North Stand is, how ugly the Trinity is and no one has anything good to say about the Witton Lane stand. Seems the only good thing about Villa Park is the Holte End.. Yet the same people say its the best stadium there is. 

Thats not my opinion, just what I've observed.

Edited by Junxs
spelling
  • Like 2

Lets forget that nonsense report for a second . Without trying to be biased where do you rank it compared to other stadiums ?

Do you think its better than goodison and st james?

Fod me goodison park reminds me alot of villa park in terms of its not modern but its a historic ground 

Edited by Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets forget that nonsense report for a second . Without trying to be biased where do you rank it compared to other stadiums ?

Fod me goodison park reminds me alot of villa park in terms of its not modern but its a historic ground 

it's difficult to answer as aside from St Marys i've never been in the home end of any other prem league stadium so cannot comment on home concourses etc as i'm sure is the case for many others. difficult to comment based on away day experience IMO. i'm sure some home areas of turf moor are modern and spacious, but the away end is appalling.

but purely based on my limited experience of goodison, for example, whilst they both look 'not modern' the concourse and seating areas of villa park are 50 times better than goodison park.

there's personally no other prem ground that i'd be happy to call my team's home, for various reasons. the only time i've ever 'liked' another prem stadium was upton park. i did enjoy visiting that ground.

I have been to Old Trafford, and to be honest, it is hard to comprehend how it could be regarded as England's best football stadium. Either the author of the article is full of shit, or there are alot of sub par football stadiums in England. 

My money is on the former.

Some nonsense in that article - clearly written by a media studies intern stuck for something to spout about during lockdown. 

I love Villa Park - it's our home. It's more traditional than many in the Premier League now. I couldn't care less if we were placed 20th in the list. What we are currently doing on the football pitch is much more meritorious and deserving of credit than stadium dressing - structures that no fans can actually visit anyway. 

And how is it by the way, with such strict Covid restrictions across the country do we so regularly see old strawberry nose (Alex Ferguson) watching games at Old Trafford? With his health problems since retirement, I would have thought he is one individual to be kept well away? And I've also seen several of the Liverpool old boys in attendance at Anfield over the last couple of months on TV.  

Edited by Raver50032

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How do you rate them? That’s my problem with the article.  

There are so many factors you could use which would give very different results from atmosphere to aesthetics to comfort to vintage/modern.  

Even weighting each criteria would produce overall outcomes I wouldn’t agree with.  

I’d probably go on personal experience at each ground but that wouldn’t align with anybody else’s views.

One thing I know is that Old Trafford isn’t number one in any of those categories.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

There are so many factors you could use which would give very different results from atmosphere to aesthetics to comfort to vintage/modern.  

Even weighting each criteria would produce overall outcomes I wouldn’t agree with.  

I’d probably go on personal experience at each ground but that wouldn’t align with anybody else’s views.

One thing I know is that Old Trafford isn’t number one in any of those categories.

exactly, it's totally subjective. if you go by the UEFA star system then the 'bowls' are all consistently the best because they get the best safety ratings etc. st mary's could host a UEFA super cup for example as it's a 4 star stadium but most fans would rank those down the list because they're so characterless

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree for me emirates, the new spurs stadium both above United.

And Stamford bridge is a utter dump of a stadium. Its in a fancy part of london and thats it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree for me emirates, the new spurs stadium both above United.

And Stamford bridge is a utter dump of a stadium. Its in a fancy part of london and thats it.

I’m also not sure how anybody could put Elland Road above Villa Park in any category.  I’m trying not to be biased but I just don’t see it.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Goodison park is a shed, still had wooden seats in the away end around ten or so years ago.

I think the only English stadiums you could categorically say are better than VP are:

Spurs

Liverpool

Man United

Man City

Arsenal

Newcastle 

Â