The Next Level

Delphinho123

Trying to figure out where we will be looking at position wise in the summer.

What I think we will be looking at

1x LB (or a CB that can play LB)

1x CB (possibly one who can play LB)

1x DM (if Luiz leaves)

1x AM (Barkley?)

Depending on Wesley, possibly a striker but it's hard to sign a quality striker to be a backup.

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How does it not make sense. It's based on successful/unsuccessful contributions. I heard ages ago that was Villa fan that created the site but then heard podcast with original creators and that was false

If we are statistically the best team in Europe surely we should be top of the league?

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we are statistically the best team in Europe surely we should be top of the league?

With games still to play factored in the Whoscored rating table is quite reflective of the actual table

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

54 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

With games still to play factored in the Whoscored rating table is quite reflective of the actual table

We've also been heavily shafted by suspect VAR calls and penalty decisions. Not to mention there's only one game we've won that we should have lost,  and a couple we've lost that we should have won. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

How does it not make sense. It's based on successful/unsuccessful contributions. I heard ages ago that was Villa fan that created the site but then heard podcast with original creators and that was false

Their Head of Content Creation is a Villa fan - Martin Laurence

• Like 2

On 31/01/2021 at 23:33, kidlewis said:

For me I think it’s quite simple. The players on the bench need to be as good as the players on the pitch. 

Don't think there has ever been a team that has had that, it's very unrealistic to achieve at any level.

On 27/01/2021 at 23:29, maqroll said:

The squad we have right now is good enough to be in 4th place in February if we win our games in hand, so we don't need a summer revolution.

LB, RB, CB, RW and a striker if they think Wesley won't cut it.

I'd hold onto Nakamba as backup for Luiz.

This squad really isn't good enough to be in 4th🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I mean it is and it could be. So many of the usual suspects are floundering and in some cases getting some dubious calls as we've seen lately

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

the starting 11 is but the overall squad isn't. in certain areas there is a huge gulf in quality between the starter and his backup. LB, CF, RB all have a serious lack of quality if the first choice got injured

until a week ago you could add CM to that list so we are starting to improve these areas. 2 full backs and a striker will be top of the shopping list in the summer you'd imagine

The very first person I would be looking to upgrade is Mings.

On his day he is up there with the best. The problem is that almost without fail he has a massive error in him every game. It's like clockwork, you know it will come at some point and just hope that it doesn't lead to a goal. And that sort of undoes all the good work that he has done.

A top quality striker would be great. Watkins can fight for a position on the wing.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I mean it is and it could be. So many of the usual suspects are floundering and in some cases getting some dubious calls as we've seen lately

Not this squad not a chance in hell sorry, not come next May!  Just discussed on another thread some supporters being giddy in their expectations of where we will finish the season. Seems this may be one of those occasions.

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not this squad not a chance in hell sorry, not come next May!  Just discussed on another thread some supporters being giddy in their expectations of where we will finish the season. Seems this may be one of those occasions.

Half Baked Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Â