The Next Level

Delphinho123

15 hours ago, Spyro Tek said:

The very first person I would be looking to upgrade is Mings.

On his day he is up there with the best. The problem is that almost without fail he has a massive error in him every game. It's like clockwork, you know it will come at some point and just hope that it doesn't lead to a goal. And that sort of undoes all the good work that he has done.

A top quality striker would be great. Watkins can fight for a position on the wing.

Just checked, Tyrone Mings has 0 errors leading to goal according to the Premier League.

• Like 1

3 Defenders, 1 Midfielder, 2 Wide players and 1 forward is what we need for the next level and they need to be a bit better or the same level of quality that we currently have.

We will have a squad then, especially if we want to play in Europe or a proper run in the cups.

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would imagine we'll look to and move on all of Gulibert, Steer/Heaton. AEM, Engels, Taylor, Nakamba, Hourihane, Davis and then possibly a "shock" departure of either AEG or Trez as can see us getting in another wide player.

I assume one of the handicaps of FFP over last two years is we can never move on any of our squad players for big fees so we have to wait until they get close to out of contract or we move them on for small fees.

A few of those listed above out of contract but you'd think we'd be capable of getting 25-30m moving on likes of Hourihane, Nakamba, Engels and El Ghazi for example.

I really like Heaton as a back up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hong0311 said:

Just checked, Tyrone Mings has 0 errors leading to goal according to the Premier League.

I trust my eyes over stats. He has most definitely made errors leading to goals. The most recent one being the opening goal for Man City a couple of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Spyro Tek said:

I trust my eyes over stats. He has most definitely made errors leading to goals. The most recent one being the opening goal for Man City a couple of weeks ago.

Wait, so you trust your eyes, yet you blame him for the goal that everyone has concluded shouldn't have stood? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

The Earth is indeed flat.

Flat, what are you on about? We are in a simulation, this is the matrix.....nothing is real, the earth is not a globe or flat....it’s not even there.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Thought he was amazing at Burnley years ago until Pope came along what?.. 4 seasons ago. Overhyped on here and cost us in several games but got free pass

i remember the bournemouth game but which others did heaton cost us in?

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I really like Heaton as a back up.

So do I and the injury was very bad luck for him and looks like history will repeat itself. He was undisputed number one  at Burnley then got injured and missed most of their season and Pope came in and was brilliant so was number 2 when he returned and wanted to move on.

Same will happen here I think given he's mid 30s and dosen't strike me as the type who'll be content just to be a back up keeper towards retirement, majority of championship clubs and a fair few in bottom half of prem will want him (just as we did) so think we can get close to what we paid for him back.

I assume selling 5-6 players for 30m + will massively help with FFP in the summer if what Purslow says about it restricting us in last two years is true so we have to consider it.

• Like 1

Performances like today are sobering reminder there's a long way to go.

Nasty habit on here after some good wins for people to think most of our first 11 are all amazing and there's no one capable in world football of even coming in and challenging some of them for a place.

We need to freshen it up a bit for Saturday even if our first 11 won't look as strong on paper and trust some of our squad players a little more, they've done alright so far this season.

West Ham made 2-3 changes and benched Fornals and Bowen who've been regulars for them and a Man. United reserve who people laugh at completed revolutionised their attacking play.

We need to be at that point in 12 months where people aren't in fits of rage if say McGinn is on the bench for a game like West Ham.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Need better in game management to go to the next level.

Well we did make a change for once at half time and I was happy to see Traore on thinking we'd at least keep the ball a bit better in their half. Easy to say now but given the warnings first half we probably need to put Sanson on aswell just to make sure we weren't as easily cut through on counter attack.

22 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Wait, so you trust your eyes, yet you blame him for the goal that everyone has concluded shouldn't have stood? 

Yes. He made a mistake and it lead to a goal. 

Edited by Spyro Tek

Â