General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

Totally broken. They literally make it up as they go along and decide whatever the hell they want.

Corrupt to the core. Not the main reason we lost today but there will be plenty of close games between teams this season that they will manipulate to get their desired outcome.

• Like 3

We certainly felt hard done by today when it came to the ref's interpretation of offside. Cab only assume Barnes has been considered to be interfering with the keeper's view in the first phase of this fk. Can't imagine it would have been chalked off had the goal gone in directly. 

Rounded off by an incredibly soft penalty in the 97th minute. We could do with VAR in the Championship that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If you have VAR then you have to have the no flagging stuff. 

The only way you can’t have that is to scrap VAR altogether. 

Which I’d be fine with by the way

It's solved nothing. It's actually caused SIGNIFICANTLY more issues than it was supposed to solve. 

Instead of debating a dodgy decision every other game we're now debating 2 or 3 dodgy decisions every single game. 

It's utter madness. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Can anyone explain the offside rule anymore? Because 2 goals yesterday looked clearly off. 

Yes, I don’t get it.  Surely Isaak gained an advantage from being a mile offside when the free kick was taken for the first, regardless of the possible foul on Cash.  
And Barnes looked off regardless of anything, why we never saw the lines god knows.  

• Like 1

I'm sure they've been given new directives on how to judge the offside, again. And I'm sure it will change during the season, again.

Fwiw I actually want all situations where the offside it "too close to call" like the ones yesterday to given the advantage of the attacking player and the goals to be given. But I want it to be consistent and I want it to be declared before the season that this will be the case. 

You just know that it will continue to be completely random and in favor of the SKY-6 & Saudi Arabia. They've managed to make the handball rule and the offside rule so arbitrary that it's basically a crap shoot what they are going to give. And somehow the PL has managed to be the worst of the bunch with all this.

• Like 2

Once again it’s making objective calls subjective and having zero transparency in how they’re calling it

all the technology does is allow the league to ‘rig’ the game for the bigger clubs. 

• Like 2

They won't use the automated offside that is in use in the CL and World Cup and instead decide to completely hide the whole process even more than last season. We should be able to hear the audio from every VAR review in real time, the only reason we don't is because they get so much of it wrong and don't want to be called out.

• Like 2

Might as well just abolish the offside rule because it seems they change it week by week and different rules apply to different clubs. 

It's ruining the game, if we have like we did yesterday every week, I'll just stop watching because it is utterly baffling. 

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Offside is now such a completely stupid rule it needs to be scrapped and rewritten from the ground up on its basic principles.

And VAR needs to get in the bin. It was clear this was going to happen when it was mooted and lo and behold it's happened, it's made things into a farce.

Word for word, this. 

The people governing the sport don’t know the first thing about the sport they’re governing. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's solved nothing. It's actually caused SIGNIFICANTLY more issues than it was supposed to solve. 

Instead of debating a dodgy decision every other game we're now debating 2 or 3 dodgy decisions every single game. 

It's utter madness. 

Yep. It's made the game significantly worse., and it's also made it easier for the officials to rig the outcome of games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The high bar for intervention is a load of shite too. The bar can be lower or higher depending on the team involved. 

Exactly. Like. I said yesterday, does anyone believe for a second that the foul on Cash yesterday for their second wouldn't have been given if it was Man U or Liverpool or the like? Like hell it wouldn't. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Exactly. Like. I said yesterday, does anyone believe for a second that the foul on Cash yesterday for their second wouldn't have been given if it was Man U or Liverpool or the like? Like hell it wouldn't. 

Exactly. Before VAR the refs could and did favour the bigger team. Now, the ref AND VAR can can and do favour the bigger teams. It's just doubled the chance for bullshit. 

• Like 1

Â