Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

SG very specifically talked about why Traore was out (groin) but then very pointedly said that Sanson and Hause were “unavailable” so I presumed Covid. 

Seems likely. Bert is in the latest training vid (and dunks on the poor keeper), but those two are nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

It is slightly odd there was no reason as to why Sanson was out. Not sure he’s had covid for the seventeenth time..

Probably benched for McGinn again and refused to travel. Half joking but if this was the case I wouldn't blame him.

51 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Probably benched for McGinn again and refused to travel. Half joking but if this was the case I wouldn't blame him.

Indeed! Sanson's lack of chances when he's looked pretty good every time he plays is terrible. 

• Like 3

I really get the impression Sanson will leave and it'll end up being just like Cuellar and Berson.

Everyone (myself included) thought it was criminal Berson didn't get enough chances then he moved and got some and turns out he was pretty crap. With Cuellar we shoe horned him in at RB and we all said when he moved that getting back into CB would prove what a good player he was, it didn't and he proved how bang average he was. 

I like Sanson and think he's a good player and would love him to get more chances especially over McGinn the Undroppable, but I think when he leaves and plays regularly for someone else we'll all see he's actually probably pretty rubbish 

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

I really get the impression Sanson will leave and it'll end up being just like Cuellar and Berson.

Everyone (myself included) thought it was criminal Berson didn't get enough chances then he moved and got some and turns out he was pretty crap. With Cuellar we shoe horned him in at RB and we all said when he moved that getting back into CB would prove what a good player he was, it didn't and he proved how bang average he was. 

I like Sanson and think he's a good player and would love him to get more chances especially over McGinn the Undroppable, but I think when he leaves and plays regularly for someone else we'll all see he's actually probably pretty rubbish 

I mean all evidence (many, many performances before joining us, and performances for us) suggest he's far from 'pretty rubbish'. It's not as if he's some unknown.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I mean all evidence (many, many performances before joining us, and performances for us) suggest he's far from 'pretty rubbish'. It's not as if he's some unknown.

I know, but obviously multiple managers now have seen "something" to suggest he shouldn't play so there could be something in it. 

Like I said, I agree with you, I think he's looked good and should be in the team over McGinn who's looked poor most of the season, but I thought that about Berson as well, and I thought Cuellar should be our CB and it was terrible he didn't get a chance.

I also remember thinking Maloney should have played more but that's more because I bought him on football manager once and despite average stats he played amazingly and became a mainstay in the team (a bit like Milner in real life) 

My point is, we don't have the full picture, we've only got a snapshot and we might just be wrong

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, weedman said:

Will be more of a Veretout 

• Like 2

To be fair the one game he started recently vs Wolves was the absolute worst we’ve played recently and in particular the midfield was awful offering no defensive protection and created nothing going forwards. We only regained our shape once Luiz came on and Sanson came off.

McGinn gets a lot of stick but honestly since he signed for us has never let us down even if he is going through a slightly weaker spell (which is at least partially due to the tactics as well) so I can’t see him getting dropped, nor do I want him to.

Ramsey is obviously highly thought of by Gerrard and I agree with some fans that he should be rested from time to time, but in the long term it’s Ramsey who has the potential to help turn us into a top half team, not Sanson, so he’s got to be playing most weeks.

So where does that leave Sanson? On the bench. I’d like to see him given more chances but I don’t think there’s anything too controversial about his place in the squad, based on the other options.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Also, which training vid? I watched the one on VillaTV and Bert ain't in it.

The last video I saw, he was in it to be fair 

Also scored a typical cheeky goal/chip on the keeper.

So the news is confusing.

6 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

To be fair the one game he started recently vs Wolves was the absolute worst we’ve played recently and in particular the midfield was awful offering no defensive protection and created nothing going forwards. We only regained our shape once Luiz came on and Sanson came off.

McGinn gets a lot of stick but honestly since he signed for us has never let us down even if he is going through a slightly weaker spell (which is at least partially due to the tactics as well) so I can’t see him getting dropped, nor do I want him to.

Ramsey is obviously highly thought of by Gerrard and I agree with some fans that he should be rested from time to time, but in the long term it’s Ramsey who has the potential to help turn us into a top half team, not Sanson, so he’s got to be playing most weeks.

So where does that leave Sanson? On the bench. I’d like to see him given more chances but I don’t think there’s anything too controversial about his place in the squad, based on the other options.

It doesn't leave him on the bench because in that game Sanson looked far superior to McGinn on a technical level.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Will be more of a Veretout 

Veretout is 18 months older than Sanson, and we had him what 7 years ago? Completely different phases in their careers when they signed for us and when they leave/left us 

28 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Veretout is 18 months older than Sanson, and we had him what 7 years ago? Completely different phases in their careers when they signed for us and when they leave/left us 

Completely off topic but I was so happy when we signed Veretout, you could just tell he was gonna be a good player. Unfortunately he joined during the lowest period in my memory for coaching and he just never got anywhere near up to the required standard fitness wise for us, which made his whole game suffer and let's be honest, he was awful for us. I had such high hopes and he put in Drinkwater esque performances due to many reasons already covered. 

Back on topic, Sanson is a decent player but he's not going to be as good as Veretout, and conversely has played much better for us than Veretout ever did

Yeah he's done here. A shame. He has ability clearly but injuries in that settling in period together with the team faltering and him not getting into it have done for him.

• Sad 1

Â