Diet and Weightloss

Seat68

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Anyone ever tried Huel?

Yep.

Well, depends what you mean. They have lots of products. 

I've never had the shakes, but their instant meals are my lunch at work every day. 400 calories, 25g protein and they don't taste bad at all. Very easy way to get a low calorie meal

On 01/05/2024 at 23:02, Chine said:

How’s everyone getting on ? Hopefully the New Year regimes are still in full flow ! I’m still not drinking any alcohol ( since October) and feel a million times better , a lot clearer / sharper after improved sleep. I’ve managed to moderate my over consumption of bread but am guilty of a few naughty snacks . Getting quite a bit of walking done as me and the wife take the dog out for a brisk 30-40 mins before breakfast , add work and coaching and my steps sometimes get up to the 16,000 mark , which can give my ankles some stick tbh . Tried swimming for low impact but I’m just crap at it , my feet almost drag on the floor 🤣

I didn't realise I was posting in the wrong thread so I'll delete my post from that other one :D

A stone and a half (ish) down for me. Another stone to make me feel normal and 2 stone to be back to my ideal weight.

Should be there by October I reckon

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep.

Well, depends what you mean. They have lots of products. 

I've never had the shakes, but their instant meals are my lunch at work every day. 400 calories, 25g protein and they don't taste bad at all. Very easy way to get a low calorie meal

Aldi do some pretty decent frozen ready meals which I often have for lunch and would recommend. 

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-inspired-cuisine-teriyaki-protein-meal-350g/4088600568058

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't realise I was posting in the wrong thread so I'll delete my post from that other one :D

A stone and a half (ish) down for me. Another stone to make me feel normal and 2 stone to be back to my ideal weight.

Should be there by October I reckon

💪 , sounds like great progress 👍

• Thanks 1

On 06/05/2024 at 09:08, omariqy said:

Anyone ever tried Huel?

I use the pre made bottles (works out £2.10 a bottle if you buy from Costco). Vanilla and Chocolate are OK and taste decent. Always smoothly mixed as well.

They really help me as a meal replacement for work, or when i'm out and about, saves buying a meal deal and keeping the calories down.  

49 minutes ago, bakers29 said:

This protein is a good solid brand, not the cheapest but quality stuff. 

https://www.optimumnutrition.com/en-gb/Products/Protein-Powders/c/81

Yoyo'd my whole life with weight, i've been 20 stone, now 17 stone, been as low as 14 stone. Anywhere in between depending on the time of year. Never been able to settle, i'm either junk food or dieting.

Focus on what demotivates you on sticking to your routine, not what motivates you. Motivation comes and goes, if you can stop the demotivating behaviours, you're winning again. Too early in the day? Too difficult to cook healthy meals? Too fond of a beer? It's all things you can control and change. 

12 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Focus on what demotivates you on sticking to your routine, not what motivates you. Motivation comes and goes, if you can stop the demotivating behaviours, you're winning again. Too early in the day? Too difficult to cook healthy meals? Too fond of a beer? It's all things you can control and change. 

Interesting way to look at it, I could see that working well. My big slip up is always binge drinking. It can really throw me out, weeks on end of eating shite, and generally feeling crap. Its a vicious cycle once the damage is done. 

• Like 2

On 01/05/2024 at 23:02, Chine said:

How’s everyone getting on ? Hopefully the New Year regimes are still in full flow ! I’m still not drinking any alcohol ( since October) and feel a million times better , a lot clearer / sharper after improved sleep. I’ve managed to moderate my over consumption of bread but am guilty of a few naughty snacks . Getting quite a bit of walking done as me and the wife take the dog out for a brisk 30-40 mins before breakfast , add work and coaching and my steps sometimes get up to the 16,000 mark , which can give my ankles some stick tbh . Tried swimming for low impact but I’m just crap at it , my feet almost drag on the floor 🤣

Got down to a weight that seems about right for me now, about 13st 4lb. Running 4 times a week (ish). Did my half marathon, now easing up on the long distance bit and trying to improve my 5K time. Still resolutely low carb, and have cut my alcohol consumption by a massive amount. I do like a glass of wine watching Villa though.

• Like 1

I lost my sense of taste so have existed on strawberry milkshake, pot noodle, haribo and yoghurt. Have lost over 2 stone so far. Prefer to have my sense of taste back. 

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I lost my sense of taste so have existed on strawberry milkshake, pot noodle, haribo and yoghurt. Have lost over 2 stone so far. Prefer to have my sense of taste back. 

Same diet here, but still got sense of taste, just living that bachelor life again.

Tip - All four items go surprisingly well as a casserole. Just don't go for the Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle.

• Haha 2

I like the Huel milkshakes. Its nice to wash the fish n chips down with. 

11 hours ago, Risso said:

Got down to a weight that seems about right for me now, about 13st 4lb. Running 4 times a week (ish). Did my half marathon, now easing up on the long distance bit and trying to improve my 5K time. Still resolutely low carb, and have cut my alcohol consumption by a massive amount. I do like a glass of wine watching Villa though.

Wow ! Impressive regime and dedication 👏, the alcohol cut giving the body parts you can’t see a huge rest 👍

I’m down just under a stone and a half since start of February.

The only real change is cutting down on the takeaways, and having a very light lunch.

Breakfast is a bowl of cereal like shreddies or mini shredded wheat.

Lunch something nothing or couple of pieces of fruit

Dinner/Tea 6 nights a weeks is something home made.

Working from home makes moving around during normal business difficult. I walk the dog each night and take him for a bigger walk at the weekend.

The plan was to be 2 stone off by the holiday in July so that is in sight. Another stone on top of that would certainly do no harm at all.

Â