Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Just now, Strog said:

I remember when they signed Barry Wright from Everton. Cleary liked a pie or three - mate!

Billy Wright 

Just now, a m ole said:

Cheers mayt sorry mayt. At least we can drink in tewun.

Now ya tarkin mayt. We are oftun Partizan la la la, we will jurney on……

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

A true salad dodger 

Changing the subject slightly, it doesn't seem to me that there's as many fat football managers nowadays. Kind of interesting that as the nation has got fatter, football managers have maybe got skinnier. 

(On average, I know there are some obvious exceptions)

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Changing the subject slightly, it doesn't seem to me that there's as many fat football managers nowadays. Kind of interesting that as the nation has got fatter, football managers have maybe got skinnier. 

I think it's probably a consequence of them living their whole adult life in a much healthier and more professional environment.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh I don’t know. Steve Bruce, Fat Sam Allardyce, Rafa Benitez all spring to mind..

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

i'd say managers nowerdays are more head coaches than managers and rather than spend the whole time in their office leaving the coaches to take training so they're out on the training pitch more. the stuff that the old school managers used to do now gets done by DoFs and technical directors

plus we have a few managers around now that havent long ago retired from playing. ole, frank, viera, etc. deano, pep and klopp also were all still playing at the turn of the millenium.

back on topic...pukka pies are easily the best signing SHA have made in the last 10 years. the steak and kidney is the absolute GOAT of pies.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's probably a consequence of them living their whole adult life in a much healthier and more professional environment.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Fewer pints after the game nowadays. Also I wonder if it's partly vanity as well, maybe it matters a bit less looking like a lard arse in front of 30,000 fans than in front of tens of millions of viewers all over the world. 

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Fewer pints after the game nowadays. Also I wonder if it's partly vanity as well, maybe it matters a bit less looking like a lard arse in front of 30,000 fans than in front of tens of millions of viewers all over the world. 

Vanity definitely is part of it, people like Mourinho coming into English football and some women were seduced changed the perception. I think clubs also look at this profile when hiring a manager because the manager is pretty much the face of the company 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

signed sarkic on loan

cmon agent matija...you know what to do

annoyingly good signing for them

Clearly no more than 3rd choice at the Dogheads. This loan will probably make or break him, it’ll probably be the latter tho..

6 minutes ago, Strog said:

Clearly no more than 3rd choice at the Dogheads. This loan will probably make or break him, it’ll probably be the latter tho..

we **** up recalling him from livingstone. he was doing well, and must have really annoyed him otherwise he'd have stayed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we **** up recalling him from livingstone. he was doing well, and must have really annoyed him otherwise he'd have stayed.

Hopefully we won’t make the same mistake again. 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We had to recall him, its tough on him but Villa came first. I think he was the only keeper available after Nyland

I think you’re right. Was it because both Heaton and Steer were crocked and we  eventually went on to sign Reina?

To me this seems a strange move for Šarkić, they've already got one of the best keepers in the division in Etheridge who pretty much was the main reason for them not going down last season, so I doubt he will get many games. Unless they're selling Etheridge

24 minutes ago, Strog said:

I think you’re right. Was it because both Heaton and Steer were crocked and we  eventually went on to sign Reina?

Kalinic left and Heaton went down on New Years day. Think Kalinic agreed to leave just before 

• Thanks 1

Â