Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Went to the game today:

1. As I walked through the doors of the "Tilton" (I think it is), the hate that ran through me was an emotion I'd never felt and very much a "why am I here" but to be fair, it was a good game football and I'm glad I went.

I was supporting Chelsea, people around didn't mind too much when I nearly lept out my seat after the Alex free kick, but a draw I was happy with really for Villa. There atmosphere overall is pretty poor, they sign Keep right on 3 times, start, middle and end of games. Apart from that, a few "England no.1 chants" (Hart was exceptional) today but really apart from that, nothing at all.

At least we have, Villa song, My old man, My Lord, Carew, Agbonlahor, even Heskey song, Martin O'Neill... they sang feck all (considering i was in there singing bit)

I can see why they are doing well, there defence is solid but not superb, they got cut open various times today and Chelsea missed some glorius chances aswell as some great saves from Hart. Going forward they lack invention but have forwards who run the channels very well, Luckily as most sensible blues fans will point out is that the strikers when they get into positions, they don't do much with it, final product was poor throughout.

There midfield did get over-run, various times, Malouda/Lampard broke from midfield, but didn't really choose the right options or the pass weren't there etc...

Erm overall, I'd give Blues a 6.5/10 as a team, decent at the back, again dependable if not spectacular midfield but lack any quality upfront really although still can be a handful. They'll probably finish 10th/11th on that evidence.

Every season there is a 'surprise package' in the prem, this year it is blues, last year it was Stoke, the year before it was Hull. They'll settle in the bottom third where they belong

To be honest, I don't think they'll fall that low. Especially considering how well Hart is playing for them and how much he adds to the team. An injury to him would see them sink like a rock. It reminds me of James and how he carried Pompy up the table during 'Arry's good year there. They'll end up 9th or 10th and will be ecstatic. However, they'll go down again next season.

If Blues have a few quid to spend, then now is the time to really go for it and get some players in for a European push. They have never been in a stronger position really, they are playing well, winning games, new chairman. If they cant attract people to the club now then they probably never will. I expect them to spend in January and really have a pop at a European place. They might be relying on the League Cup and FA Cup winners to also qualify for the Champions League to open up a couple more qualification spots via the league table, but its probably a gamble they have to take.

I don't really mind, it's probably the best result we could of asked for today.

Surely the best result we could have asked for yesterday was Blues 0-27 Chelsea?

Â