Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Some noses already saying he needs to go.

As I’ve posted previously all Forest fans I know (and there are many for obvious reasons given where I live) think he is a terrible manager. This despite it actually being one of his more successful spells as a manager.

A gap is already opening up between the bottom 4 and the rest of the division, by Christmas that gap is likely to have widened.

All it will take is one side picking up form and Small Heath humbling along as they are and they are in real trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Now in bottom 3.

Interesting looking at the table they're getting cut adrift from even the teams in 14-20th positions.

The symptoms are very much like a total League prolapse I suppose, especially at this stage in the season.? I 'm no medical expert as I am sure you would agree but it looks bad for little small heath.

On 04/11/2017 at 20:23, Genie said:

It all goes bad to the mental decision to sack Rowett when he was having them playing really well and right on the cusp of the playoffs. The owners are getting exactly what they deserve.

Apparently Rowett was courting other clubs and the Blues board thought “**** that” so sacked him. Apparently. 

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

A gap is already opening up between the bottom 4 and the rest of the division, by Christmas that gap is likely to have widened.

All it will take is one side picking up form and Small Heath humbling along as they are and they are in real trouble.

They’re in the middle of a “kind” run of fixtures before what looks like a real tricky run. Brentford (H - Lost), Barnsley (A - Lost) and Forest (H) before...

...Boro (A), Sheff Utd (A), Wolves (H), Fulham (A).

After those, QPR (H) then Sunderland (A). That last game could be huge. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Apparently Rowett was courting other clubs and the Blues board thought “**** that” so sacked him. Apparently. 

Sean Dyche is pretty clearly courting other clubs behind the scenes as well, or at least not discouraging it. But Burnley have had the good sense to keep winning football matches in the meantime. 

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

They’re in the middle of a “kind” run of fixtures before what looks like a real tricky run. Brentford (H - Lost), Barnsley (A - Lost) and Forest (H) before...

...Boro (A), Sheff Utd (A), Wolves (H), Fulham (A).

After those, QPR (H) then Sunderland (A). That last game could be huge. 

A draw with forest thrn four defeats woukd be superb.  They would be so far behind :)

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

heard that explanation a few times from blues fans, seems logically challenged to me, he was trying to get a job at another club who would have had to pay compensation to blues to release him from his contract so blues sacked him and paid compensation to rowett instead? probably a £2m swing in that decision, doesnt make sense

• Like 2

It's widely known in SHA circles he was interviewed for the Fulham job, obviously without their permission.

Guess that is grounds for constructive dismissal but surely given he was an asset for them you turn a blind eye to it.

I do think they wanted a bigger name in charge and it was a convenient way to sack him. Of course Zola then blew up massively in their face (and Redknapp to a lesser degree) so now a year on they've got a much worse no mark manager in charge like Steve Cotterill.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's widely known in SHA circles he was interviewed for the Fulham job, obviously without their permission.

Guess that is grounds for constructive dismissal but surely given he was an asset for them you turn a blind eye to it.

I do think they wanted a bigger name in charge and it was a convenient way to sack him. Of course Zola then blew up massively in their face (and Redknapp to a lesser degree) so now a year on they've got a much worse no mark manager in charge like Steve Cotterill.

If that were true, I don’t know if it is or it isn’t, then I’d have thought the owners would have let that disloyalty be known. It would have relieved a lot of the stick they have taken for getting rid of him.

But it is possible Fulham were the second stalking horse club he tried to use. 

Â