Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Wolves are playing there on a Monday night in a few weeks. I can tell you now they are not looking forward to it one bit because they know what awaits them. Some are not going because it's bad enough on a Saturday daytime, let alone a night match. A lot of blues will just be turning out to have a go at them and they are dreading the walk back through digbeth. St. Andrews must be one of, if not the most daunting ground to make your way back from by foot. That walk back into the city is horrible. WMP will be clueless and will leave wolves fans open to attack like they did our fans. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

It is like they actually think that having a 'hard firm' and fighting at games is something to be proud of and a badge of honour. 

Its like being proud of being thick. 

There are not many clubs left now with that old school hooligan mentality who pride themselves on it. Blues and Millwall probably being the worst two. It's part of who they are and quite frankly it's all they have to be famous for. 

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

It is like they actually think that having a 'hard firm' and fighting at games is something to be proud of and a badge of honour. 

Honestly, the lad is tapped. He went to an away game a few years ago (possibly his first ever), and came back with tales of which firms he rates the most. He'd be lucky to have a firm shit, the cockwomble!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wolves are playing there on a Monday night in a few weeks. I can tell you now they are not looking forward to it one bit because they know what awaits them. Some are not going because it's bad enough on a Saturday daytime, let alone a night match. A lot of blues will just be turning out to have a go at them and they are dreading the walk back through digbeth. St. Andrews must be one of, if not the most daunting ground to make your way back from by foot. That walk back into the city is horrible. WMP will be clueless and will leave wolves fans open to attack like they did our fans. 

Last time I went to the Sty was for the Phillips game, and it was that much hassle getting back into town, I've not been since. Their hooligan element are vermin, who happily attack kids and women. Absolute bullies, who hunt in packs, and have no interest in any kind of fair fight.  

Edited by dAVe80

47 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wow they are showing a wolves vs blose game at the sty on a Monday night? Are they completely thick or what? Recipe for trouble. More trouble at the sty

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The walk back yesterday was horrendous and has made me never want to go back there in my life. Packs of hooligans attacking ones and two's. Disgraceful.

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

The walk back yesterday was horrendous and has made me never want to go back there in my life. Packs of hooligans attacking ones and two's. Disgraceful.

The thing is when they go to wolves they normally have a hard time of it from the locals and police and do nothing but moan about it. Like you say they can pick on small groups who don't want the hassle, but don't like it when it comes back away from home. Horrible bastards. 

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They need to stop locking us in afterwards. It does not work and imo makes the problem worse. 

It certainly does because it allows their firms to regroup in town and come back towards us down those maze of streets. Which is what happened yesterday. The police line only went so far and after that the streets were full of large gangs of rampaging zulus and terrified villa fans on their own or in very small groups.

Edited by One For The Road

13 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

It certainly does because it allows their firms to regroup in town and come back towards us down those maze of streets. Which is what happened yesterday. The police line only went so far and after that the streets were full of large gangs of rampaging zulus and terrified villa fans on their own or in very small groups.

Exactly! 

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Honestly, the lad is tapped. He went to an away game a few years ago (possibly his first ever), and came back with tales of which firms he rates the most. He'd be lucky to have a firm shit, the cockwomble!

Me and my mate were mad on the hooligan scene when we were at school. Read all the books and used to swap them with each other. We even did a school project on football hooliganism. Remember being at home writing about it and my grandad said who have you got on your list. I said a few clubs, and he was right take them and them off and replace them with them and them. Me and my mate never tired of his stories from the 70s and 80s. He was never involved though, but knew a few nutcases that went to games. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Me and my mate were mad on the hooligan scene when we were at school. Read all the books and used to swap them with each other. We even did a school project on football hooliganism. Remember being at home writing about it and my grandad said who have you got on your list. I said a few clubs, and he was right take them and them off and replace them with them and them. Me and my mate never tired of his stories from the 70s and 80s. He was never involved though, but knew a few nutcases that went to games. 

I've got a relative, and know a couple of lads from school who have been involved at some point. Some of them were certainly old enough to know better. Aside from the fact it's utterly childish fighting over a football match, it always strikes me as an arrest waiting to happen. I've been to away games, and the coppers are on first name terms with some of the lads that go. Can't be good, if they already know who you are. Only a matter of time before they get the 5 o'clock knock. Is it really worth a criminal record, and a ban from the football?

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

I've got a relative, and know a couple of lads from school who have been involved at some point. Some of them were certainly old enough to know better. Aside from the fact it's utterly childish fighting over a football match, it always strikes me as an arrest waiting to happen. I've been to away games, and the coppers are on first name terms with some of the lads that go. Can't be good, if they already know who you are. Only a matter of time before they get the 5 o'clock knock. Is it really worth a criminal record, and a ban from the football?

The ones rampaging yesterday wouldn't have given a toss about football bans or anything like that as they only seemed interested in picking people off and attacking them. They didn't seem like football fans to me.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

They are the only local team who seem to bang on about their firm constantly, to the point where you actually think they watching the wrong sport... out of the small amount of noses i know, most of them are "Lads"... or so they think they are.

They all seem to know a Zulu or are one themsleves, its embarrasing and tbf most clubs have a few who think they are rocky until they meet the opposition fans. We have many of them... 

There aren't many actual firms anymore, most of the thats gone. These days any old tom dick or harry can turn up at the pub and claim they are in the firm.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

They are the only local team who seem to bang on about their firm constantly, to the point where you actually think they watching the wrong sport... out of the small amount of noses i know, most of them are "Lads"... or so they think they are.

They all seem to know a Zulu or are one themsleves, its embarrasing and tbf most clubs have a few who think they are rocky until they meet the opposition fans. We have many of them... 

There aren't many actual firms anymore, most of the thats gone. These days any old tom dick or harry can turn up at the pub and claim they are in the firm.

It's dead in the water now and ain't worth the hassle. The noses I know are all decent and are far from being 'lads' . I agree about them being the only club in the Midlands that truly base their identity on their hooligan firm. Infact there are only a handful of clubs that do nowadays. 

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's dead in the water now and ain't worth the hassle. The noses I know are all decent and are far from being 'lads' . I agree about them being the only club in the Midlands that truly base their identity on their hooligan firm. Infact there are only a handful of clubs that do nowadays. 

O yeah there are plenty of decent noses too, it just seems to be a fair few of them i know or have come across actually cant have a football convo without bringing up the Zulus. 

As you say its all dead in the water now bar the odd thing here and there, mainly the derby games of course.

The sty is a nightmare place to go if you want to avoid trouble.

It is just the perfect hellhole in many aspects. I remember the gabby 85th minute game when they locked us in the gated area, the amount of missiles coming over was unbelieveable. We were like sitting ducks and you could see them all standing a little further up the road peering down into the area we were in.

Do they put the wall up there like on Witton Lane?

15 hours ago, Milfner said:

Look at the absolute state of this Nose who was in the same pub as me yesterday. They really are a different breed 

DNUEY6WX4AAmRrz?format=jpg&name=large

Brilliant! What an utter peenarse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Milfner said:

Look at the absolute state of this Nose who was in the same pub as me yesterday. They really are a different breed 

DNUEY6WX4AAmRrz?format=jpg&name=large

Ah look, in all fairness, i was a FKW too.

When i was 7.

• Like 1

Â