Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

I imagine you could probably build a basic, brand new stadium for about £100-120m. Given the amount of money in the game that’s not too bad.

Our new development is costing us £110m but I guess that includes the Villa Live area too.

22 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Our new development is costing us £110m but I guess that includes the Villa Live area too.

It was a few years ago but the City of Manchester stadium cost £112m. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I imagine you could probably build a basic, brand new stadium for about £100-120m. Given the amount of money in the game that’s not too bad.

York Community Stadium was about £45m, Brentford £72m with London Premium, Plough Lane £33m again with London Premium. 

Costs have gone up A LOT, and I mean A LOT in the last 12 months but yes, you would think you could build a decent sized Stadium in Small Eat for £100m odd. 

They'll only need a little one after all. The fashion these days for clubs like that seems to be to build them with potential future expansion built into the design for if ever they do actually stop being shit. 

• Like 1

The existence of the club and its fans reminds me a lot of the late, great Stephen Hawkins.

Not necessarily due to the high intelligence levels, that the club is shooting for the stars or that the club is held in high esteem across the country..

More so that the fans mostly seem to be a bunch of yellow toothed Alf Garnett word.

Hopefully this new guy can bring a bit of grace and decorum, like Karen Brady did.. or something.

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

The existence of the club and its fans reminds me a lot of the late, great Stephen Hawkins.

Not necessarily due to the high intelligence levels, that the club is shooting for the stars or that the club is held in high esteem across the country..

More so that the fans mostly seem to be a bunch of yellow toothed Alf Garnett word.

Hopefully this new guy can bring a bit of grace and decorum, like Karen Brady did.. or something.

I hope he brings more false promises and takes the club further into turmoil personally 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Even at theie best they struggled to dill 30k i just think its a complwte waste of time building a new stadium 

So much so in the latter days of Gold and Sullivan they allocated away teams 4200 tickets up from the 2800, there was uproar from fans who held season tickets in those seats who had to relocate 

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

York Community Stadium was about £45m, Brentford £72m with London Premium, Plough Lane £33m again with London Premium. 

Doncaster Rovers' Keepmoat Stadium holds 15,231 and cost £20 million. 

Obviously that's a much bigger capacity than small heath will ever need. They should be able to get some sort of flatpack kit from IKEA that might do until the club inevitably folds. Then it could be used as firewood. 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Wow, so the VIP’s get to enter via that entrance :lol: What a first impression. You’d think they’d find a few quid to at least tart that area up a bit. 

• Haha 1

Is that genuinely the executive boxes' entrance at St Andrews? That's honestly shocking, it's so tragic there's no need to even take the piss. Most League 1 stadiums would put that to shame.

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is that genuinely the executive boxes' entrance at St Andrews? That's honestly shocking, it's so tragic there's no need to even take the piss. Most League 1 stadiums would put that to shame.

Non league clubs have put it to shame!

Rushden & Diamonds Nene park was amazing back in the day.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Non league clubs have put it to shame!

Rushden & Diamonds Nene park was amazing back in the day.

Went there years ago to watch Hednesford Town play midweek . The floodlights went out halfway through the first half .

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Â