Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

They're a large part of who I'm thinking of. In the end, it doesn't matter who wanted them - they're at the club, they cost a lot of money, they're not even making match day squads. Of course the board are going to be unhappy about that. 

37 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They're a large part of who I'm thinking of. In the end, it doesn't matter who wanted them - they're at the club, they cost a lot of money, they're not even making match day squads. Of course the board are going to be unhappy about that. 

Of course it does.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Of course it does.

If the board wanted the players and the manager didn't play them, then the manager got the sack in part for not playing the players, and, in the board's eyes, getting worse results than he could have done if he did play them. If the manager wanted the players, then the manager got sacked for not playing players he demanded they spend lots of money on and not getting results. 

The manager got sacked regardless. 

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Rowett would be mental to not listen to an offer if there indeed was one.  A good fit for Derby and they have a lot more potential than SHA.

Even allowing for my dislike of sha, Derby are a much bigger club than sha will ever be. Throw in all the of field troubles, and I have to agree, Rowett would be bat sh*t crazy not to listen to an offer from Derby. 

That said, it takes a special kind of crazy to want to go to blues in the first place. 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

Even allowing for my dislike of sha, Derby are a much bigger club than sha will ever be. Throw in all the of field troubles, and I have to agree, Rowett would be bat sh*t crazy not to listen to an offer from Derby. 

That said, it takes a special kind of crazy to want to go to blues in the first place. 

Plus, he was a Derby fan as a kid.....................

5 minutes ago, turnbull said:

Plus, he was a Derby fan as a kid.....................

Ooohhhh interesting. Come on Derby you know it makes sense, he's a fan, he lives local and he's a bloody good Manager. 

Make it happen. 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

Ooohhhh interesting. Come on Derby you know it makes sense, he's a fan, he lives local and he's a bloody good Manager. 

Make it happen. 

I forgot to add the word "hopefully" :D

Derby spent about 30m I believe this summer.

They already had an excellent central midfield with Will Hughes (although he got a long term injury), Jeff Hendrick, Bryson and George Thorne so they added Bradley Johnson for 6m and Butterfield was about 10m aswell.

Again in attack they had Chris Martin, Johnny Russell so they add Tom Ince, Bent and Weimann for a decent amount.

What I don't understand is why in January they signed even more strikers, Blackman came in from Reading for 3m and got a French guy in called Camara.

Any defence that has Carson and Warnock in is always going to struggle to keep clean sheets so don't understand why they don't get in a good CB. That and I think they lack bottle, all the way back to when they froze when QPR went down to 10 men in the play off final.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What I don't understand is why in January they signed even more strikers, Blackman came in from Reading for 3m and got a French guy in called Camara.

The answer to that was contained within the previous sentence. :)

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

they add Tom Ince, Bent and Weimann for a decent amount.

One is lost up his own arse, one is over the hill, and the other simply isn't good enough. Very poor recruitment IMO. 

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

To be fair, you don't really get "over the hill" when all you do is poach the 6 yard box.

Wiemann should be tearing it up down there too, he's not a bad player by any means.

if he cant tear it up in championship he never will. shows we were right to sell him

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

My point was that he isn't being given the opportunity to. 

I wonder why though? I thought he would have have done well there but he hasnt. I think for us to get 2m for him was very good business on our part. Would not be suprised if he try re-sign him when we go down 

• 3 weeks later...

Blosers up to their usual tricks at QPR on Saturday. 

Had to laugh at a comment in the Brum Mail though

What you're classifying as a coin throwing incident was in fact an opening bid to buy the club What you're classifying as a coin throwing incident was in fact an opening bid to buy the club

• Like 2

Â