Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

It's funny because the subject came up because she said something about blues fans, and I replied with "yeah but they care more about Villa than their own team"

And she said "oh my god, that's so true! Look at Dave's facebook page!"

She knows next to nothing about football, so for even her to notice it must be obvious!

Whilst blues are the worst for it, it's not unique because most weeks I get texts of wolves and west brom supporting mates taking the piss

Edited by Jimzk5

20 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Yep, my mate is the same. Every weekend a comment, a picture or a video about Villa. Shared every picture and video from the Wycombe game. I can't recall many occasions when he's said anything about his own rabble, apart from when we played them, and then it was all about how Villa "shit it up town", from all the super hard luluz. Bless him, he'd have nowt talk about if it wasn't for Villa.

So he posted complaining about his blues mates last night, being more intersted in our result than theirs! Priceless. Obviously I pointed out the number of Villa posts I'd seen over the past half a season, and the fact that he was actually posting about Villa, as well as the fact I had no idea they were even playing last night (I really didn't). You know you've won, when all they can come back with is "SOTV". :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

People who use social media to post anything about football is a dickhead on the wind up.

VILLA WON!!! (3 likes) - ur a dikhed m8.

Isn't VillaTalk "social media"?

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Isn't VillaTalk "social media"?

Dedicated to football.

Nothing worse on Facebook than "Villa is beta than youre team" followed by 23 "likes" and 10 comments ranging from "lol ur shit m8" to "fair play to yous for winning, your just a bit poor thats all m8".

ERUGH, retards, retards everywhere.. particularly football fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Dedicated to football.

Nothing worse on Facebook than "Villa is beta than youre team" followed by 23 "likes" and 10 comments ranging from "lol ur shit m8" to "fair play to yous for winning, your just a bit poor thats all m8".

Very strange post from someone with 7500+ posts on a football forum.

I post on social media about football all the time.

Not in a goady way, but I have discussions on there with friends via statuses or tweets or whatever about football.

I don't really see what's wrong with it. Is discussing you rinterests not one of the major things social media is for?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I post on social media about football all the time.

Not in a goady way, but I have discussions on there with friends via statuses or tweets or whatever about football.

I don't really see what's wrong with it. Is discussing you rinterests not one of the major things social media is for?

untitle.JPG

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Very strange post from someone with 7500+ posts on a football forum.

I quite often say how stupid and horrible football fans are.  I'd go see Villa all the time if I could guarantee there would be no idiots shouting stupid things around me.

I love the game, not the culture the resides off it.

VT is very different to normal football sites. 

• Like 2

I run my FB and Twitter very differently. 

Facebook is for family, friends and more civilised discussions that I'm happy for Mrs E to see. 

Twitter is for complaining about football and sounding off about stuff and never the twain shall meet. 

EDIT - To keep this OT - SHA fans are arseholes. 

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What do you post on Social media about then, if not your interests? 

Nothing?

I don't know really, say Merry Xmas, upload a few photos for posterity of a night out or a small amount of pics of my lad/family (again, more so for my/his record when he's older).  Organising a stag do on it, I used to have about 200 "friends" but I culled that to about 50 18 months ago to people I actually like seeing what they're up to etc. 

I rarely post statuses, unless it's something like "had a great night at ____ " - again, so when I'm old I can say, look what I did.  I like looking at other peoples photos, I got married in Vegas and about 4000 photos were taken of the holiday by myself and friends, so sometimes I'll look at theirs to see their perspective.

I don't talk about hobbies because my hobbies are football and video games and I think talking about football just invited morons to comment and I get embarrassed when I say "I play video games" - so much so that I'm not playing them in January to see if I can break the habit :lol: I actually go to bed with my wife now... WEIRD.

Edited by lapal_fan

I use Facebook for football chat all the time. I'll give a comment on most games. As I live outside the area now, it's the best way to talk about Villa with family and friends. It's also the best way to take the piss out of my bluenose mates (Not all of them, and certainly not every game they play. Mostly just to put the gobby ones right). 99% of the time, it's all good fun, and if it gets out of hand I just delete the post. My Twitter is more or less 100% for football and cricket talk. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I mean that's fair enough.

But have you seen the AVFC page? I get notifications from it and the amount of simpletons that comment on it winds me up.

My McGrath, you couldn't pay me to read through that shit! The AVFC Official comments make on topic look like a Mensa message board.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I mean that's fair enough.

But have you seen the AVFC page? I get notifications from it and the amount of simpletons that comment on it winds me up.

Ah that's different though. 

I talk about football sometimes, but it's only ever with people who are already my friends. I wouldn't dare venture onto any football pages. You're right, those are full of morons.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2016 at 16:11, lapal_fan said:

Dedicated to football.

Maybe you shouldn't have so many 9 year old boys as friends ;)

• Like 1

Â