Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

am i the only one that hates villa vs small heath derbys?

the fact that we play the albinos in the same week, its not going to be good, there is no way we will win both game, i'm not even confident of getting a single win from them two games.

we have a lot of foreign lads now who don't understand the importance of the midlands derbys.

What a load of shit.

This isn't a knock at anyone, or a "better fan" thing, but does this game mean more to Brummie Villa fans? I'd be interested to know, if any of you guys who don't hale from the Second City, and didn't grow up in the company of sha fans feel the same as us Brummies?

For me, this is something I've grown up with. You almost support two teams, Villa, and who ever them lot down the road are playing. Once our game is finished, and I've seen the scores from games that affect us, I'll always look for their result first. Always been that way, and probably always will be.

This isn't a knock at anyone, or a "better fan" thing, but does this game mean more to Brummie Villa fans? I'd be interested to know, if any of you guys who don't hale from the Second City, and didn't grow up in the company of sha fans feel the same as us Brummies?

For me, this is something I've grown up with. You almost support two teams, Villa, and who ever them lot down the road are playing. Once our game is finished, and I've seen the scores from games that affect us, I'll always look for their result first. Always been that way, and probably always will be.

I detest them.

• Like 1

I absolutely hate this fixture because I'm a Brummie. I hate it because I had to walk around my own city getting shouted out by complete imbeciles. I hated going to it because I do not take great pleasure walking to Villa Park, my home stadium, whilst avoiding bottles being thrown at me. I hate it because it brings out the few idiots my own club has. 

Thank God I can walk around these days in North London and the worst reaction I get is the odd bemused Arsenal fan saying "good luck with that, mate"

• Like 2

I detest them.

You'll do for me.

I absolutely hate this fixture because I'm a Brummie. I hate it because I had to walk around my own city getting shouted out by complete imbeciles. I hated going to it because I do not take great pleasure walking to Villa Park, my home stadium, whilst avoiding bottles being thrown at me. I hate it because it brings out the few idiots my own club has. 

Thank God I can walk around these days in North London and the worst reaction I get is the odd bemused Arsenal fan saying "good luck with that, mate"

I understand not liking the hostility. and I agree about it being bad that it brings the worst out in some people. That said, I've not gone as mental in a very long time, as when Gabby leaped up to beat Ridgewell at the sty. These are the games I live for as a football fan. Other than the odd game here and there (semi finals against Blackburn, Liverpool etc), those feelings of elation are hard to find season to season, without two games against them.

Edited by dAVe80

Although I consider myself a Brummie I'm probably qualified to answer this as well. I'm going to put some words in your mouth here - sorry about that.

I don't think I hate these derbies because I don't feel it, but because I hate the feeling of it. I **** despise them and I do everything in your second paragraph. I can't handle being around them, I can't handle losing to them. It's not healthy.

If anything, I think maybe I don't have a proper sense of the 'good' side of the rivalry, if you know what I mean. I live far enough away that I can choose to not associate with the words removed. In between derbies I have no contact with them at all, so I guess I just get the really intense days of it. But I certainly don't feel it less, because I'm damn near physically sick at the thought of them playing at Villa Park.

Edited by ChrisVillan
  • Like 3

Oh yeah. Losing to them is the worst possible thing in the football world. I still have to shut my eyes, when ever I see the clip of Mellberg, throw the ball back towards Enckleman.

Being a foreign fan, I have no feeling toward BC. They're completely irrelevant to me.

Obviously, it's understandable that you guys will have more at stake in these games. I've never even met a BC fan in my life.

On a side note - I was looking at comments on the Youtube highlights of the Notts County game and people were referring to SHA as Zulus. What's up with that?

I'm not a brummie (nor have I ever been), so I would expect my hatred of sha is perhaps not as intense as a villan who grew up in Birmingham having to listen to bluenoses.

However I dislike blues, but not in a "can't wait to beat them" way, more of a "why can't they just cease to exist" way.

I dislike baggies (obviously) and wolves (from knowing a few fans growing up), but I have a sort of acknowledgement of their history for those two (mainly wolves to be fair). I don't have anything approaching that for sha.

Hope we destroy them.

Being a foreign fan, I have no feeling toward BC. They're completely irrelevant to me.

Obviously, it's understandable that you guys will have more at stake in these games. I've never even met a BC fan in my life.

On a side note - I was looking at comments on the Youtube highlights of the Notts County game and people were referring to SHA as Zulus. What's up with that?

It's the name their hooligan element like to give themselves (due to them shouting it like in the film, while engaging in knuckledragging, and it stuck), but I prefer to call them luluz.

I'm not a brummie (nor have I ever been), so I would expect my hatred of sha is perhaps not as intense as a villan who grew up in Birmingham having to listen to bluenoses.

However I dislike blues, but not in a "can't wait to beat them" way, more of a "why can't they just cease to exist" way.

I dislike baggies (obviously) and wolves (from knowing a few fans growing up), but I have a sort of acknowledgement of their history for those two (mainly wolves to be fair). I don't have anything approaching that for sha.

Hope we destroy them.

I know WBA is a more traditional rivalry to some, but it just doesn't bring out the same feelings as a sha derby game does. I suppose it's down to the fact I don't really know that many baggies fans.   

Â