Weekends Football 18/20 December

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

As things stand we're 2 points above Leeds with 3 games in hand. If only we'd beat the **** they'd be 16th.

As hilarious as this is (and it is hilarious!), when you get promoted your only goal is to finish 17th. Leeds look the best placed of the 3 promoted sides to do that an if they achieve it then fair play to them. 

• Like 3

Just now, LondonLax said:

As hilarious as this is (and it is hilarious!), when you get promoted your only goal is to finish 17th. Leeds look the best placed of the 3 promoted sides to do that an if they achieve it then fair play to them. 

It's a fair point, and they're not a team who've spent crazy money. I suspect a lot of their fans will be happy just to stay up. It's the media reaction  to them being back up that wound me up, and some particularly mental people thinking they were going to go right to the top of the table.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's a fair point, and they're not a team who've spent crazy money. I suspect a lot of their fans will be happy just to stay up. It's the media reaction  to them being back up that wound me up, and some particularly mental people thinking they were going to go right to the top of the table.

Yeah definitely. The thing is they don’t have any control over the bizarre media reaction to them. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not sure how reliable this is, but would suggest only Chelsea have spent more(?):

https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-net-spend-table-2020

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They spent a fair bit! 

Â