Weekends Football 18/20 December

andykeenan

Just now, VillaChris said:

Leicester are a more polished version of ourselves if you look at their results:

Won away to Arsenal, Man. City and probably Spurs.

Lost at home to us, West Ham, Fulham and Everton so very similar trend of results.

No draws as of yet so they're the new win or bust team after our maiden one on Thursday.

If we were to copy any club in how to operate it should be them

• Like 4

Just now, TrentVilla said:

If we were to copy any club in how to operate it should be them

I don't think we're too far away now. They've got a top keeper, some excellent defenders and midfielders but so have we nowadays.

Just have to hope Ollie can eventually morph into a Vardy type and if not we get in another striker.

Tough ask as Vardy in last 5 years has simply become one of the best one on one finishers in world football, you never think he'll miss a one on one unlike many forwards.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I don't think we're too far away now. They've got a top keeper, some excellent defenders and midfielders but so have we nowadays.

Just have to hope Ollie can eventually morph into a Vardy type and if not we get in another striker.

Tough ask as Vardy in last 5 years has simply become one of the best one on one finishers in world football, you never think he'll miss a one on one unlike many forwards.

Agreed, Vardy is an excellent striker. Consistently deadly in front of the goal.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ollie already has more goals this season than Vardy had in his entire debut PL season 😊

Edited by a-k

Just now, a-k said:

Ollie already has more goals this season than Vardy had in his debut PL season 😊

I see a lot of potential with Ollie as I'm sure we all do. He looks like he's learning with every game and will most likely only improve at this rate. I wish he was found a bit more and a little more selfish at times, but I'm happy with him so far. If he'll become a Vardy type, I suppose time will tell...

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think we are miles behind them in squad strenght and also player recruitment although this summer we probably closed the gap a little.

They are also ahead of us in some off the pitch areas such as owning the club in Belgium.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In the top flight we have not had a 20 goal a season striker since Peter Withe in 1981, I think Vardy has done it three times for Leicester and hes well on his way to a 4th. 

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think we are miles behind them in squad strenght and also player recruitment although this summer we probably closed the gap a little.

They are also ahead of us in some off the pitch areas such as owning the club in Belgium.

Their results always dip when Vardy is out as we saw when we played them. Ayoze Perez and Kelechi may have cost nearly 50m between them but neither can give them anything like Vardy does. Mad to think Slimani is still there, he was 20m odd aswell IIRC.

They're very good at finding defenders and midfielders there and not all of them cost stupid amounts either, Evans at just 3m. We're getting better at that finally.

Certainly likes of Martinez and Barkley standard is what we need to be signing in next 4-5 windows. Another 3-4 of that standard and keep our best players and that's what you need to do to be a serious top 6 challenger these days.

Leicester have still sold a Maguire for big money when they've felt it's the right time to cash in.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Football has moved on.

Mourinho ain't getting away with his shithousery tactics anymore

He’ll say something after the game to distract the media from the result / performance. Betya.

Just now, penguin said:

If Leeds play their usual game here it’s going to suit United massively. Looking forward to the game though anything could happen.

Thought the game would suit Pogba perfectly but apparently Solskjaer disagrees.

Â