Midweek Football 19/22 October

andykeenan

Just now, villalad21 said:

Wolves are just allowing Leeds to play.

I don't understand what Nuno Santo is thinking

That's how they play. It's what they did to us at VP last season and they just killed the game off with 1 goal.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

That's how they play. It's what they did to us at VP last season and they just killed the game off with 1 goal.

I know they are getting results, but as a Villa fan would you be happy with that style of play?

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Aye, Wolves looked at this today and thought 'nah were gonna just hold in for the 0-0 today lads I can't be arsed'

Sometimes you just have a bad half.  Maybe some adjustments at half time and they’ll have a better second half and take home the win.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I know they are getting results, but as a Villa fan would you be happy with that style of play?

I would be happy that we're not a one trick pony and can set up to nullify opposing team tactics. right now we're pretty solid at counter attacking so I would expect us to take advantage of that against Leeds.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

This will be hailed as great technical masterclass by 2 very good teams, our game last night was a difficult watch apparently

We just have to keep on doing it and the media will make themselves look more stupid than usual.

Yup. I thought our game yesterday was a great tactical battle. The type of game football hipsters claim to like to watch. Two teams nullifying each other not because they're so shit, but because they're both good and don't want to give either an inch. If it was Pep vs Klopp it might have gotten a different reaction.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

This will be hailed as great technical masterclass by 2 very good teams, our game last night was a difficult watch apparently. 

We just have to keep on doing it and the media will make themselves look more stupid than usual.

beat Leeds and they will surely not be able to keep piping that crap, but you know that'll remain the script

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yup. I thought our game yesterday was a great tactical battle. The type of game football hipsters claim to like to watch. Two teams nullifying each other not because they're so shit, but because they're both good and don't want to give either an inch. If it was Pep vs Klopp it might have gotten a different reaction.

• Like 1

Â