Midweek Football 19/22 October

andykeenan

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Manchester United's kit tonight is absolutely hideous. Looks like someone threw up over a dead zebra. How do companies get paid for that stuff. I'm baffled 

Been talked about before

Kit companies come under some stick for the same basic designs for the home kits every season, @NurembergVillan would know best but I'd be interested to see what kit sales are like generally, I'd guess they're down, people can happily go 2/3/4/5 years without the same red kit, they then have a template for an away kit which some people might buy but it's again not a must have 

So what they do is go nuts with the 3rd kit, so nuts that there's no fence sitting, it's complete marmite, if you like that zebra kit then you will love it and you will buy it, I bet it sells more than the away shirt, there's no nodding "yeah that's alright that is" with that kind of shirt, it's more "that's crazy, I've got to get it" 

I agree that it's properly horrific and if (let's face it when...) I see a grown man wearing it in Kidderminster Morrisons I will be incredibly judgemental about him 

Â