Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Just now, duke313 said:

It will be interesting to see what Emery can get out of him.  I expect we'll see a few great goals and performances, and a few games where he's invisible. His problem has always been inconsistency, if he was more consistent, he wouldn't have been shipped off to Turkey.  

Yeah for sure. But he'd be one of the best players in the world if he could pull off some of his antics near every time. Some of his moments are up there with the best I've seen in the game.

I think we'll see the brilliant and the bad even under Emery, but I'm hella interested to see how he will kick on in this team under the gaffer.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I mean he literally played less than 3 games worth of minutes for us last season. 277 in all comps

My son is starting to use the word literally in everything he says. I assume it's a school thing. This post is the perfect example of why it annoys me.

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

My son is starting to use the word literally in everything he says. I assume it's a school thing. This post is the perfect example of why it annoys me.

I'm gonna assume you find this annoying because you find your son annoying.

Edited by osmark86
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I'm gonna assume you find this annoying because you find your son annoying.

Nah, I love my son. I've co-erced him into supporting Villa though, so I'm not sure if the feeling is mutual. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Nah, I love my son. I've co-erced him into supporting Villa though, so I'm not sure if the feeling is mutual. 

It is perfectly normal to love little nuisances and I'm sure it's reciprocated 😄

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

It is perfectly normal to love little nuisances and I'm sure it's reciprocated 😄

I'll allow his incorrect use of "literally" if he continues the incorrect use of his time and energy in supporting Villa. Epic deal!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I'll allow his incorrect use of "literally" if he continues the incorrect use of his time and energy in supporting Villa. Epic deal!

In his defense, the word literally just sounds better functioning as emphasis than, say, actually. I'll continue blaming my misusages of the word on english being my second language. Wonderfully convenient! :)

23 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Berty is a world class player 3% of the time. Let’s hope UE can increase it to at least 5%

Well Unai has improved most if not all the members of the squad. So hopefully he can tease a little consistency out of Bertie instead of just hoping for a moment of magic. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

It will be interesting to see what Emery can get out of him.  I expect we'll see a few great goals and performances, and a few games where he's invisible. His problem has always been inconsistency, if Gerrard wasnt a uselss dick who hated wingers, he wouldn't have been shipped off to Turkey.  

FTFY

• Like 1

The problem with Bertie, is he tends to over play it, and is very one footed.  However he can really excellent in the role Bailey is currently playing. Being able to focus on attacking, by having a streamlined defensive responsibility will bring out the best in him.

He reminds of of Paulo Wanchope! Can be brilliant at times, but mostly runs down blind allies, and loses possession.

14 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He reminds of of Paulo Wanchope! Can be brilliant at times, but mostly runs down blind allies, and loses possession.

I actually disagree with this. I think he's generally very intelligent with his decision making in the final third.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â