Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 16/09/2022 at 07:39, rodders0223 said:

He should be in the squad no doubt and making an impact either off the bench or pushing people to retain their places.

He was perfectly serviceable before the injury and now just by alienating him and sending him to a pub league we've seriously reduced his value and it probably won't recover.

You loan players to Turkey that are awful. Just to get rid of them. Traore is not that player. He's more than capable of pushing for a start here, staying in the spotlight and moving him on in time if needed.

It's like our entire structure and policy has been binned just because Gerrard might or might not fancy a player.

Gerrard. That elite club builder.

It's ludicrous.

It seems judging by the clubs we had to bat away, from us losing this player......we are just sent him to Turkey for spite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He just didn't deliver any semblance of consistency.

Had all the talent, but how many times have we said that about umpteen players.

Watch the video's, as opposed to the games and you can end up bamboozled with falsehood.

He has gone out on loan, because we can't get anything from him that will hurt the opposition on a regular basis.

"Moments" in a game,  maybe, but they are like bubbles, they fade away.

He is just another one in a long line of failed buys, that keeps this club firmly placed in the midtable quagmire.

I have been a supporter dring a period of time that has seen, very few managers, have the nous, in the transfer market......rakes of them have squandered, good money.

I can count the good ones on one hand.

7 goals 7 assists in his only season is not consistency. Maybe some red cards would make him physical enough for the mighty English system

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

It seems judging by the clubs we had to bat away, from us losing this player......we are just sent him to Turkey for spite.

Because  Steven Gerrard is a clown

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

I'd rather Bertie's inconsistent madness than Bailey and Coutinho's consistent non-performances.

Crazy that this was ever signed off on, guy's only 27 proven to be effective at PL level and we'll be lucky to get a fee for him now because Stevie didn't fancy him. Not to mention it left us with one (injury prone) wide player in the squad. It's up there with Bruce loaning out Elphick.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Weird that many couldn't wait to see the back of him before he left now he's good by absence?

There are people with different opinions on here, you know.

Traore is a great player, what an option to have, someone who can create out of nothing. The fact he's been loaned out is a disgrace. Just because Gerrard doesn't rate him 😡 What an awful judge of player.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

There are people with different opinions on here, you know.

Traore is a great player, what an option to have, someone who can create out of nothing. The fact he's been loaned out is a disgrace. Just because Gerrard doesn't rate him 😡 What an awful judge of player.

I've been on here years and it's always the same. Players get better when they don't play or get moved on vs the comments about them when they do play

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've been on here years and it's always the same. Players get better when they don't play or get moved on vs the comments about them when they do play

There were many of us who enjoyed when he played and were not calling for him to be dropped from the starting line-up

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I was one of those that never understood the decision to loan him and always appreciated his ability to do something extraordinary. Last nights game would have been the perfect scenario for him to have no defensive responsibilities and offer the creative spark we needed.

Sure, he had his limitations, but loaning him out with only one other winger being kept at the club was complete idiocy.

• Like 3

You'd have to assume that a new manager would at least want the option of playing with wingers.  In order to do so they'd need to recall Bertie (assuming we can).  Gerrard has left the squad in a right mess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I was one of those that never understood the decision to loan him and always appreciated his ability to do something extraordinary. Last nights game would have been the perfect scenario for him to have no defensive responsibilities and offer the creative spark we needed.

Sure, he had his limitations, but loaning him out with only one other winger being kept at the club was complete idiocy.

Are you suggesting, he could have a produced a "moment of magic" to win the game?

Â