Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

He may have overstepped the mark with his comments about the ref, hope he doesn’t get in trouble.

If he does it will be after the World Cup. Fifa want Messi in the final. I’m sure they’d love a Messi Ronaldo final more than anything and it would be interesting to see if the coach was forced to start the latter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

He may have overstepped the mark with his comments about the ref, hope he doesn’t get in trouble.

Nah, FIFA aren’t banning players from their showcase games for slagging off a ref here and there. It’s the semi-final of the WC, not a midweek PL game. Only other thing it could be is a fine and he won’t care about that.

Edited by Adam2003

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Would he play on boxing day if Argentina got to the final? Usually youd have a couple of weeks break after a major tournament, especially playing all the way to the final.

Bloody hope so given how many goals we’ve conceded when Olsen has been between the sticks.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually thought he could have done better for both those goals with his standard being so high. But the penalty saves were awesome. It must be great for Argentina knowing if you get to penalties you have Emi in goal. 

The 2nd goal it was really difficult for him or any goalkeeper to set himself as everybody is expecting the ball over the wall

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Worst case scenario for us. If he loses a World Cup final he’ll come back devastated. If he wins it for Argentina he will be booed at every ground Alpay-style. However I am 90% sure France will smash us so it’s likely irrelevant and, anyway, is just life. 

I reckon he'd absolutely love being the target of booing at every ground. He'd thrive on that and love giving it back when we win

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think Bozzie or Burridge were the last goalkeepers we had with big personalities. 

Schmeichel though for a different type of personality we had Postma too 

Edited by Zatman

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Schmeichel though for a different type of personality we had Postma too 

I know PS played for us, but it was more retirement home, for him. Postma was gash, if I remember. The main three I mentioned are considered proper Villa keepers, do you agree?

10 hours ago, Hiney said:

Was thinking exactly the same. 

We love the shithousery when he's in a villa shirt but not sure we would like a taste of it in the world cup final. 

when I was a game keeper.......I didn't see the poachers point of view.

• Haha 1

Â