The AVFC FFP thread

On 30/12/2023 at 11:23, ender4 said:

Need to go far into Europe this season to build up that coefficient as the money received from CL football depends on that coefficient.   Otherwise we don’t get much from even being in the CL compared to Liverpool, Arsenal, etc. 

Newcastle only got half of what Man Utd got from CL even though they both went out at the same stage in the same group position. 

Is there a chance we'd get more from Europe than Newcastle if we win the conference?

4 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

No. About 20mil is the maximum.

He means would we get more than Newcastle from being in the CL next season than Newcastle got this season.  

I think we’d get around a 50 point coefficient for 23/24 for winning the conference league, so next season we’d have a higher starting coefficient than Newcastle had this year.

So the answer is yes, we would get more from the CL 24/25 than Newcastle got from CL 23/24 (assuming identical results of course).

Remember it's a three year rolling calculation. We need top 7/8 in Premier League for 3 seasons which gives us a lot more prize money than our bottom half finishes. 

Additionally qualification for Europe 3 years in a row gives us another level of income on top. Prize money and additional match day revenue. 

The final part is given a level of sustained performance like this our commercial department should be getting us additional revenue from sponsorships. 

Finally the academy produces revenue from player development and sales. This is added on top. Ideally sales every year to keep the revenue on this coming in.

On 09/12/2023 at 15:27, CVByrne said:

Few things will help us a bit with FFP

Watkins new contract means his ~£6m per year amortisation will drop to £2.4m but his wages will have gone up about £2.5m per year too I'd say. So net £1m better position I think. 

Bailey new contract in summer will mean his 6.25m amortisation will drop to 1.5m per year, prob cost us £2m per season extra in wages. Saving us ~£2.75m 

Traore leaving saves us £4.5m amortisation and about 3.5m wages. So £8m there

Sanson moving permanently before June probably books us a small profit and (say 1.5m) he'd have £3.5m left in book value. 

Small fee for Chambers ~£2.5m and his wages saved

Overall there's about £20m improvement in FFP for us between profit on sales and reduced amortisation and wages. 

We've some young players out on loan to be sold too. We've Hause & Dendonker we need to move on. These will all add up. 

Didnt realise it would be this much - doesnt the fact that it would now only be a 6 month period until the end of his contract reduce these savings accordingly?

1 hour ago, eholm said:

Didnt realise it would be this much - doesnt the fact that it would now only be a 6 month period until the end of his contract reduce these savings accordingly?

Assume you're talking about Traore. Accounts are done on an annual basis so his cost is as such. Amortisation and wages. It's a big savings relatively.

I think our most expensive player wages + amortisation is Digne. About 12.3m per year. Diaby could end up more expensive as he has a lot of add ons could be like £15-16m per year in the end if we pay them all

• Thanks 1

So what are the odds that the Premier league find a reason for docking us points for something related to FFP at the end of the month. It's the first time they will try and apply deductions in the same season.

Seems like a good opportunity to ensure the top 4 doesn't get broken up.

Or am I being too cynical?

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So what are the odds that the Premier league find a reason for docking us points for something related to FFP at the end of the month. It's the first time they will try and apply deductions in the same season.

Too cynical. I’d like to believe we’re too well run for that to happen. Doesn’t need an expert to see Everton have been run poorly over the last 5 years or so when it comes to recruitment. 

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Let's hope the financial department isn't as inept as the marketing and branding one seem to be! I'm sure they aren't though 

Well we've made big changes to that department with Heck coming in. I've loved what he's done so far so think we'll see some good growth in our commercial income in the coming seasons. All positives for our FFP and squad cost limit 

On 04/01/2024 at 18:40, Hank Scorpio said:

no

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN where you getting us -£300m on FFP on that Villa FB group?

No I posted the links here as well, two different websites.

One of them the Shields Gazette or something.

Think I linked in thread earlier.

EDIT: https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/premier-league-ffp-table-where-newcastle-united-man-utd-everton-and-others-rank-based-on-latest-figures-gallery-4466713?page=2

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

Via Kieran Maguire ( Via Football Insider ) lol - Probably also relevant for other threads so ( Mods help me out )

https://www.footballinsider247.com/kieran-maguire-shares-alarming-20m-aston-villa-claim-after-owners-pull-plug-on-deal/?fbclid=IwAR2FmrAWNYAXdkVx_Xk0SgquX8FoiNTOj3KSJHtXTB_qXr7vM9DCmmRwJag

The decision to scrap Villa Park’s £100million redevelopment is a ‘short-term’ decision by the Aston Villa board.

That is the view of finance expert Kieran Maguire, who exclusively told Football Insider that Villa desperately need to increase their matchday income if they want to continue their on-pitch success.

Villa gained planning approval for a £100million project to expand Villa Park’s capacity to over 50,000, but the Birmingham-based club has decided to pull the plug on the deal.

Villa CEO Chris Heck said it would not be “practical” for the club to lower their capacity for the next two years during construction when the team is in good form.

Unai Emery’s side are currently second in the Premier League table and through to the knockout phases in the Europa Conference League.

The club now plans to implement a new plan to add just 3,000 seats to Villa Park without completely reconstructing their North Stand.

Maguire explained that Villa currently earn £100million less than Tottenham each season in matchday income so the decision to scrap the redevelopment project is confusing.

“There are so many things going right for Villa on the pitch at present – they’re playing great football and have a genuine chance of qualifying for the Champions League,” Maguire told Football Insider’s Sean Fisher.

“But if they are going to be competitive going forwards, then they need to have a stadium which can generate substantial matchday income.

“They bring in less than £20million per season. Spurs bring in £120million.

“It seems they will now only add just 3,000 seats, which admittedly will be premium price seats, but it does seem to be a short-term decision.

“The new owners in [Wes] Edens and [Nassef] Sawiris have hardly put a foot wrong since they acquired the club.

But I think this will leave a lot of Villa fans scratching their heads as a modern-day Villa Park could be attractive in a variety of ways.

When it comes to filling a 50,000 or 55,000 stadium, we know that Villa have the fanbase to consistently fill that.

Â