U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

Not saying anything new but Chukwuemeka really does look a player, crazy to think he's only 17. Once he fills out a bit more physically you can really see him making the step up.

In fairness, on the balance of play Burnley have deserved it. We just haven't had the midfield to compete with them.

Chukwuemeka is a class apart and it's good to have Barry back and looking good. I thought both full backs were decent and Sohna did okay, but both wingers, Ramsey and Raikhy just didn't do enough. Perhaps a bit unfair on Ramsey who did at least get on the scoresheet.

It's great entertainment for two quid though.

Hopefully we can ruin Steve Stone's evening later.

Stats updated. Burnley move up to 4th. We drop to 8th.

Reading beat Palace 2-1 to move above them and into 3rd place. Boro beat the Baggies 1-0 away to move above us into 7th.

• Thanks 1

Disappointing performance, gave the ball away far too much, too often too casual, a few of our players like Farr, Raikhy, and Tait struggled to get into the game, frustrating because when we did attack we looked capable of creating chances, and once again, as much as Burnley probably deserved to win it was us that gifted them the points by giving away the penalty, keeper probably could have done better for the corners as well.

Chukwuemeka once again the standout player, I thought Kesler Hayden had a good game as well, and Barry looked dangerous in the first half.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, useless said:

Disappointing performance, gave the ball away far too much, too often too casual, a few of our players like Farr, Raikhy, and Tait struggled to get into the game, frustrating because when we did attack we looked capable of creating chances, and once again, as much as Burnley probably deserved to win it was us that gifted them the points by giving away the penalty, keeper probably could have done better for the corners as well.

Chukwuemeka once again the standout player, I thought Kesler Hayden had a good game as well, and Barry looked dangerous in the first half.

I wasn’t that impressed with Hayden.  I maybe expected more with all the talk he should be starting over Elmo.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Does Chukwuemaka stand a chance of getting near the team next season or is he still a year or two off?

It's strange, he should be a year or two off, but he looks so composed and he's physically imposing - I reckon he could have a shout next season at some point.

• Thanks 2

Some handy home wins on paper this afternoon.

13:00 Wolves(5) v Sunderland(11)
13:00 Leeds(1) v  Newcastle(13)
15:00 Stoke(2) v Fulham(10)

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Some handy home wins on paper this afternoon.

13:00 Wolves(5) v Sunderland(11)
13:00 Leeds(1) v  Newcastle(13)
15:00 Stoke(2) v Fulham(10)

No game was ever won on paper, wha?

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Leeds starting Koch, Berardi and Poveda and leading 2-1 at half time.

They're the only team in the division that regularly play members of their first team.

Finished 2-1. All 3 came off at HT.

• Like 1