Matty Cash

paul514

Yeah thought he played well, and if Watkins hadn't been so terrible today, he'd have had an assist. The ball should never have got s far as McTominay in the first place for their winner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Or its just a comment how if anyone dares to criticise the performance of one of our players, they instantly become a scapegoat. 

But he is a scapegoat, and it’s **** boring and juvenile when people turn words into an opportunity to attention seek

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like Cash. I think the problem is we are growing as a team and he isn’t on the levels we are aspiring too. He’s fine for the time being though.

This is a completely fair take, but the idea he’s at fault for our loss today, or a major weak link in the squad (I know you’re not making these points, but others are)… is ludicrous.

I’d love us to sign another right back to push him, but I really don’t think we need to sell him. He has a great attitude and is a much better player than he gets credit for on here.

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like Cash. I think the problem is we are growing as a team and he isn’t on the levels we are aspiring too. He’s fine for the time being though.

Yes neither are Lenglet and Carlos though 

11 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I thought he had a pretty decent match. He doesn’t deserve half the stick he gets. 

Okay, can he do that every game now, rather than once every 6 weeks.

The problem swith the defence are far more to do with Carlos and Lenglet than they are Cash or Moreno. Both of the central guys are far too slow and a massive downgrade on the players they replace.

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would be good if some of the other players could hit that level we aspire too as well....

3 minutes ago, birdman said:

Would be good if some of the other players could hit that level we aspire too as well....

Yep. It’s why we were a mid table team when he took over. We have massively punched above our weight and even more so considering the injuries. The job that Unai is doing is unbelievable. It’s just so frustrating that it still might not be enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep. It’s why we were a mid table team when he took over. We have massively punched above our weight and even more so considering the injuries. The job that Unai is doing is unbelievable. It’s just so frustrating that it still might not be enough.

I'm not too upset at the result yesterday. Was at the game. We fought well did all the right things for the most part it's just that we were a Konsa/Torres short of winning the game. Very fine margins. There's only so much Unai can do and he knows we're on the right track. Pretty confident we'll pick up decent points from next few fixtures. We're not out of the battle for a good finish.

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

I'm not too upset at the result yesterday. Was at the game. We fought well did all the right things for the most part it's just that we were a Konsa/Torres short of winning the game. Very fine margins. There's only so much Unai can do and he knows we're on the right track. Pretty confident we'll pick up decent points from next few fixtures. We're not out of the battle for a good finish.

Same. I’m very upbeat by the performance and on another day we win comfortably. Also think Cash was ok too but should have done better for the second goal. 

Im just worried about the potential injury to Kamara. He is massive for us.

edit: fans around me kept saying watch Man U score a winner. It’s almost like we will it to happen sometimes. We all need more belief !

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Same. I’m very upbeat by the performance and on another day we win comfortably. Also think Cash was ok too but should have done better for the second goal. 

Im just worried about the potential injury to Kamara. He is massive for us.

I saw alot of Cash first half as was sat in the corner lower North Stand. I know he has his limitations but he did absolutely fine. The second goal it's one of those where we should have prevented/disrupted the build up/cross. Sickening goal as a draw would have been a very good result!

• Like 1

Â