Matty Cash

paul514

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Which top 6 side would sign him? 

(scenes when he signs for a top 6 side 😂)

Leeds. 

I thought he was decent today, better than he has been recently. Wouldn't blame him for the goal. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

If we ever want to consistently aim for Europe overall I don't think Cash is good enough to achive that.

He's fine for mid table and below. He can't beat a man, his crossing is not good. Defensively he's ok best. Basically he's OK, and that's it. He's served us well and I harbour no ill feelings towards him, it's just that to progress sometimes you need to move on.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

The treatment of Matty Cash is making me really dislike sections of our fanbase. It’s becoming very personal.

I don't really get what's caused it either. It's not like years back when Bacuna was making delusion comments to press about wanting to play CL and then putting in useless games for us.

Cash on the whole has been a fantastic value for money signing for us.

We got him for under 20m. In first season he played in one of the best defensive units in the whole league. Second season everyone dipped but he was generally seen on here as one of the better performers under Slippy. Played his part in the incredible run in last season and up to about December he was a regular.

He'll be in the 40m bracket now based on his performances and also playing for Poland in the world cup so perhaps it's the right time to move him on in the summer and find a younger model with more potential but I do think some of the stick he gets is way OTT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

He’s a right back, his main job is to defend, and he failed at that multiple times, and then finally for the winner. Really good game, Christ. 

Not in 2024 given the RBs for the teams above us include Trent and Pedro Porro. I also think it comes with experience. In another year or two he'll start to lose some pace so will have to learn a bit more to read the game just like Kyle Walker has to.

McTominey is a giant compared to him aswell so I'd much rather one of the CBs had seen him drift into the box and quickly got over to try to stop him.

Edited by VillaChris

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Which top 6 side would sign him? 

(scenes when he signs for a top 6 side 😂)

They're not top 6 but Chelsea were sort of linked and you can see the idea given the endless injuries Reece James gets. Would be interesting how he would do at Spurs given their style. Newcastle signed Targett from us and Trippier is getting on.

I have a feeling we'll sell him abroad though when the time comes.

Thought Cash was one of our best players today. The “mistake” for their winner was just a taller, stronger player getting their head on a great cross. I don’t think a different RB would have stopped that goal.

• Like 2

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

His performance against Man City showed me he’s better than cash going forward. 

That was ages ago. He did well for Swindon no doubt and then had a trickier loan spell at Franchise.

He's clearly got excellent potential but says it all to me that UE didn't even put him on at Sheffield United when Konsa got injured. Given what we're playing for he'll be valuing experience in the run in compared to potential.

Look we all know, Matty is not the best player in the squad, but he always tries his very best. I do think his starting point for the goal is questionable but I don’t hold this against him in any way. 
I think he very much has a role to play in the run in 

• Like 1

Â