Europa League Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sevilla. Too good for Europa League. Not good enough for Champions League.

They need to find a middle ground, seriously.

It’s like West Brom when they kept flitting between the premier league and the championship.

22 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Not so great for the fans who go to the matches obviously.

Why not? 

They'd have to make it a tighter format, make it a proper mini tournament, 1 week somewhere, London is an easy example, semit finals at arsenal and spurs grounds on Wednesday and Thursday, final at Wembley on Saturday, fans would pile in to that 

Fans who only get to home games obviously suffer but it could work and be good

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Why not? 

They'd have to make it a tighter format, make it a proper mini tournament, 1 week somewhere, London is an easy example, semit finals at arsenal and spurs grounds on Wednesday and Thursday, final at Wembley on Saturday, fans would pile in to that 

Fans who only get to home games obviously suffer but it could work and be good

Not sure most fans can afford it though. Let's say if it wasn't at London, it was to be held in Berlin, not sure how I can afford it if Villa makes it all the way to the champions league final in 3 years time.

But i agree one off knock out is more entertaining  than the 2 legs

That's no different from what it currently is though

Theoretically in 3 years time the final could be in Berlin, villa would have a home game vs Real Madrid, an away game vs Real Madrid and then a trip to berlin

Instead they have 5 days in Berlin with 2 games there 

The hotel cost and beer money is the extra cost, for someone who would go to all 3 games in the normal format it would probably be cheaper 

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Not so great for the fans who go to the matches obviously.

I wasn’t necessarily thinking about the mini tournament, but a 1 off game drawn out of a hat at one of the teams grounds (like the FA cup). It’s so exciting because the prize is so big for a 1 off game.

CL having every tie home and away makes it far more strategic than 90 minutes winner takes all, decided on the night. 

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I really hope Bayern hammer PSG tonight, cannot stand them or what they represent.

Agree

But this is the new money ruining football vs the old money that's ruining football 

Bayerns money is **** ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

PSG haven't touched the ball in the first seven minutes.

Bayern are all over PSG like a rash on the edge of the PSG box. It’s only a matter of time until they win the ball and score.

Â