Europa League Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

Having been very critical of them finishing the season I have to say this new format was very enjoyable (much better than the regular one) and even unlikely I hope they stick with it.

Hopefully it was worth it to finish the season, short term it was. Remains to be seen if this extremely long season and congested schedule next season takes it's toll on the top players and we end up with tons of injuries once we get close to the Euro's next summer. From a Corona standpoint it seem to have worked (hopefully).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Having been very critical of them finishing the season I have to say this new format was very enjoyable (much better than the regular one) and even unlikely I hope they stick with it.

Hopefully it was worth it to finish the season, short term it was. Remains to be seen if this extremely long season and congested schedule next season takes it's toll on the top players and we end up with tons of injuries once we get close to the Euro's next summer. From a Corona standpoint it seem to have worked (hopefully).

An example of the new normal we’re told we need to get used to in the short and medium terms. I agree, it has been as successful as it could have been. 

Poor final though that seems to be the norm, VAR again up to no good and arguably cost both teams a penalty. Hunger from some of the Bayern guys is incredible Muller and Neuer have won the lot and still want more

As for Neymar what a clearing in the woods, nothing in football is as enjoyable as his tears 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

Don't give me all that, United were paying the highest wages in the league/prem for years. Just cause they had a truly amazing youth side from 92 doesn't mean they didnt also buy their way to a title. 

Talk about missing the point. United earned their wealth through being successful, I didn’t say they didn’t spend money. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Poor final though that seems to be the norm, VAR again up to no good and arguably cost both teams a penalty. Hunger from some of the Bayern guys is incredible Muller and Neuer have won the lot and still want more

As for Neymar what a clearing in the woods, nothing in football is as enjoyable as his tears 😂😂😂

Disagree with the poor final line, I thought the first half had a fantastic intensity and tempo to it, could've easily been 2-2. Second half Bayern Munich cut out the quick PSG counter attacks and got on top.

That was actually the first european game I've fully watched since restart. Have to say they got the crowd noise spot on compared to the premier league's awful attempts, sounded like there were thousands of fans in the top tiers.

• Like 2

Thought it was a decent final, played at an almost PL pace for the first 45 mins and could easily have been a number of goals.

As for Naymar, I cannot stand him and will support almost anyone playing against him. Plus I know he has incredible touch at times but I also think he is one of the most over rated footballers of all time.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Disagree with the poor final line, I thought the first half had a fantastic intensity and tempo to it, could've easily been 2-2. Second half Bayern Munich cut out the quick PSG counter attacks and got on top.

That was actually the first european game I've fully watched since restart. Have to say they got the crowd noise spot on compared to the premier league's awful attempts, sounded like there were thousands of fans in the top tiers.

It was a good final haven’t enjoyed european football in years but must say I have enjoyed it all since the restart, and yes I was convinced there where fans in the top tiers

Â