How much do you like your job?

ahamaad

How much do you like your current job (out of 10)?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like your current job (out of 10)?

• Love it! Miss it when I am not working (9-10)
    • I enjoy work, but it does get to me sometimes (7-8)
    • It pays the bills, but I want to do something else (5-6)
    • I dislike my job, but put up with it (3-4)
    • I hate my job and think about quitting every day (1-2)

Pablo, I remember you recounting your 'brush with the law' - not the best of adverts from my people!

We're not all bad - I agree there are some idiots in the job (particularly traffic cops :twisted: ) but on the whole, we try and sort out what needs sorting....

I'd like to think i'm good at my job and tbf most people are suprised I do what i do when introduced to them!

Pablo, I remember you recounting your 'brush with the law' - not the best of adverts from my people!

We're not all bad - I agree there are some idiots in the job (particularly traffic cops :twisted: ) but on the whole, we try and sort out what needs sorting....

I'd like to think i'm good at my job and tbf most people are suprised I do what i do when introduced to them!

Do they only recruits cnuts into that department or something? Its like in myline of work, you have to be an arrogant prick to be a surgeon.

I have had two dealings with the police this last year, one traffic related and one non-traffic related. The coppers who dealt with the non-traffic thing (my car getting broken into), were very nice, and even managed to get the scumbags who did this. The traffic coppers were all knob jockeys, I bet they were bullied at school, does it take three people to intimidate someone going into work? :evil:

I must admit as jobs go mine has a lot of perks the best of which is travel to lots of different countries. From the USA, Canada to places like Mexico, Faroe Islands, Slovenia, Serbia etc. Its great to see these places and have a talk with the locals usually about football, beer and women

Recently became self-employed and am loving it. Freelancing (whoring) for different companies and then working on other projects from home is great (if you can get the regular work :winkold: ).

I'm a security engineer right now. You know, alarms, cameras, access control that sort of stuff. My gaffer (on the security side) is a great bloke, I couldn't ask for more. The training has been excellent and I'm on my way to becoming a senior engineer withing the space of 9 months. He's even teaching me how to drive!

But my other boss, on the IT side, is an word removed to work for. He treats me with contempt, as if I mean nothing to the business. Perhaps he can't see the progress I'm making because I rarely work with him. But on day's like today, I feel like throwing in the towel.

Hence, I voted 7-8.

Not really sure; I am self employed designer/consultant/teacher/writer. Reasonably well paid, and do what I like with my time most of the time, though I seem to work much harder than I should. I worry though that I should be running a large company merciless exploited young designers! Have been around the world through work and met people who I wouldn’t otherwise; some famous, infamous and also just interesting. I sometimes wish though I did something has a greater value, so I have considered going into full time teaching and living in Cornwall. Probably won’t happen with the wife and kids! Also find that sometimes I get lonely being by myself. Spend more time on here than I should. When I was young (aged 5) would have loved Rev’s job. Oh and the police, met nice ones, idiots, smart ones, dodgy ones. Generally had only pleasant meetings with them, but I can imagine there are some clowns

• 6 years later...

I am a Safety Manager, love what I do and where I do it just not the location as its an 80 mile round trip! Interview in a couple of hours for a bigger company closer to home (40 mile round trip) but more money so will see how that goes.

I am an Office Manager for an American Manufacturing Company who aren't currently doing well in the UK, hence upcoming redundancy for all of us.

I love my job, it's well paid, I work 7-3.30 which are amazing office hours, I have a speaker box in my office and can blast out whatever I want all day, I can use the Internet, Spotify, anything.

Downside, my colleagues, who are all male, are nobheads. So looking forward to getting something else, but life will never be this cushty for this money.

Surprised there isn't that much demand for manufactured Americans in the UK...

As for me, well, I'd like my job (owning a manufacturing company) if our UK division was doing better and the office manager there wasn't posting on soccer forums and listening to spotify all day and would get out and fire some of the absolute nobheads I hear work there ;)

I'm a 7-8

I have 2 jobs. I'm a massage therapist during the day. Love my job, just hate the perverts that sometimes show up. I enjoy the people I work with at my night job *hostess/busser* but I could kill some of the rude people that come into the restaurant. And my night job usually has good music or football on which is nice.

I am an Office Manager for an American Manufacturing Company who aren't currently doing well in the UK, hence upcoming redundancy for all of us.

I love my job, it's well paid, I work 7-3.30 which are amazing office hours, I have a speaker box in my office and can blast out whatever I want all day, I can use the Internet, Spotify, anything.

Downside, my colleagues, who are all male, are nobheads. So looking forward to getting something else, but life will never be this cushty for this money.

The middle part sounds awesome.

I'm a 7-8

I have 2 jobs. I'm a massage therapist during the day. Love my job, just hate the perverts that sometimes show up. I enjoy the people I work with at my night job *hostess/busser* but I could kill some of the rude people that come into the restaurant. And my night job usually has good music or football on which is nice.

My other half says she is never shocked how many guys ask if she does extras and got chased benny hill style around a room once by an 80 year old man lol

Are threads from 2011 not doing it for you Brum? :lol:

9/10 for me

Er, I'm doing a masters, so technically studying but I consider it a job considering the hours I put in, compared to arseing about during the undergraduate. I also want to carry on into academia so it's all the same thing. At the moment I'm just loving it, the autonomy of working when you're best, no timetables, and pursuing interests - I recently got to choose an essay to work on - analysing cultural memory - which has allowed me to focus on an era that's really fascinating - France and the Occupation and watch a bunch of films / read fiction / non-fiction related to it all. And obviously there's lots of other areas to study and it's a total pleasure - chatting to people studying all sorts means your colleagues are interesting, get on well with staff, it's a good community. Work at 7am, work at 10pm, choice is great.

I don't have weekends as I'm pretty much eager to read up and research on it everyday, though Saturdays I tend to just slow down a bit, around about 3pm :P

Quitting my job to do this simply the best decision I made, regardless of how broke I may currently be, job satisfaction for the win. Of course at the end of this year, when I'm desperately applying for funding for the PhD, and / or trying to find another means of income, my opinion may change! But for now, loving every minute of it - and appreciating how bloody lucky I am to be able to do it. :)

Guess it's the 2nd option for me for me a 7-8, days are long at 12 hours, but then I'm on four on four off shift, get decent benefits, work with a decent bunch of guys who know the job and who work together well and we do get to enjoy a laugh. atmosphere is pretty relaxed and we're pretty much left to work unmolested by management interference and under our own initiative, yeah we have a useless process technician with a tendency for bullshit and the opposite shift tend to be a lazy bunch whose work can pretty sloppy, which means the only work related downside is the hassle of dealing with the aftermath of their work when we first come on shift. the annoying situation with the process tech is balanced out by the many opportunities it presents to royally take the piss out of him. the only other real downside is the 110 mile journey down and back either end of the shift and living away from home 4 days at a time.

3-4

I'm a teacher.

Anyone see Dispatches last Thursday on Channel 4? My school was on that, its a mess. This is my first year teaching and I'm moving schools this summer so I hoping to enjoy it more, otherwise I'll do something else. Problem is I don't know what that something else might be.

stick with it mate

move school and see if you have a different experience...i had an awful first year coz my class were horrendous...thought about quitting but stuck at it and 5 years later i can say i enjoy my job...

yes some days are shit...a kid might be an arse or a parent wants to start an arguement over something trivial but the great thing about the job is enjoyment can come from many different things....

i realised pretty quickly that i was bored by teaching the same class day in day out and seeing the same four walls so i went on supply, put my name out there and managed to land a pretty nice gig where i cover PPA teaching all the age ranges....less marking, less planning, less responsibility but all for the same pay.

like i said stick with it if you can, there are better schools out there

Â