How much do you like your job?

ahamaad

How much do you like your current job (out of 10)?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like your current job (out of 10)?

• Love it! Miss it when I am not working (9-10)
    • I enjoy work, but it does get to me sometimes (7-8)
    • It pays the bills, but I want to do something else (5-6)
    • I dislike my job, but put up with it (3-4)
    • I hate my job and think about quitting every day (1-2)

I work for Royal Mail at the local sorting office, and **** hate it these days.

I used to love it when I first started, it was a cracking job back then, but with the ever increasing cutbacks, lack of staff, piss poor bullying managment and the government **** us over with the poxy unrealistic regulations they insist on imposing on us, the last 5/6 years have been a nightmare, and we can't see it getting any better in the future.

I'm being made redundant next April after 19 years of service when they ship all our processing work to Brum mail centre, there's a slim possibility I'll be offered a post up there.

To be honest though, I'd rather staple my gonads to an angry stampeding wildebeeste than stay and work for them, I'm going to take the money and move on to hopefully better things in a better place.

It's odd when you get to my stage, where I'm looking at retiring in a couple of years.

I work in admin IT support at a university, and there is nothing wrong with the job per se - it's not too difficult, my boss and colleagues are a bit eccentric, but otherwise alright, the money's OK, the working conditions are easy-going, but... I know my "career" is over. I'll never apply for another similar job, I won't get promoted, I won't get sacked.

I'm unmotivated and bored. And counting down the days until I can get out (and not have to drive into the slough of despond that is Bradford every day).

Currently a software developer.

We write document management systems, mostly for the housing sector.

It's not bad, but, we never have enough time to do anything right. I dream of the day I get to see a design document rather than just a wish list with no concept of how anything will be achieved.

I'm a 7-8

I have 2 jobs. I'm a massage therapist during the day. Love my job, just hate the perverts that sometimes show up. I enjoy the people I work with at my night job *hostess/busser* but I could kill some of the rude people that come into the restaurant. And my night job usually has good music or football on which is nice.

My other half says she is never shocked how many guys ask if she does extras and got chased benny hill style around a room once by an 80 year old man lol

It's happened!!! He was a spritely old perv! He tried to block the door and said "I want to give you a tip" I just pushed him out of the way and walked out.

I used to love it when I first started, it was a cracking job back then, but with the ever increasing cutbacks, lack of staff, piss poor bullying managment and the government **** us over with the poxy unrealistic regulations they insist on imposing on us, the last 5/6 years have been a nightmare, and we can't see it getting any better in the future.

I'm being made redundant next April after 19 years of service when they ship all our processing work to Brum mail centre, there's a slim possibility I'll be offered a post up there.

To be honest though, I'd rather staple my gonads to an angry stampeding wildebeeste than stay and work for them, I'm going to take the money and move on to hopefully better things in a better place.

Any chance you can get my package to Brumerican faster? :P I'm really sorry it sucks so bad. But at least now you have something else to look forward to. Any idea what you want to do?

9-10

I am very lucky to be working where I am.

Let me list why...

No clocking in machine.

FULL Sick pay.

Leave whenever I feel like and still get paid (hardly do leave tho).

Own computer with internet (no firewall).

Work at my own pace.

Well respected by the owners (who do me HUGE favors).

Coffee/lunch whenever I feel.

A whole load more I cant think about right now as i'm ill with a cold and chest infection! :(

9-10

I am very lucky to be working where I am.

Let me list why...

No clocking in machine.

FULL Sick pay.

Leave whenever I feel like and still get paid (hardly do leave tho).

Own computer with internet (no firewall).

Work at my own pace.

Well respected by the owners (who do me HUGE favors).

Coffee/lunch whenever I feel.

A whole load more I cant think about right now as i'm ill with a cold and chest infection! :(

What do you do?

Love my Job to bits, I work in ship design. I worked on the shop floor building them for 8 years, then moved into the tecnichal office where I have been for the last 8-9 years.

Worked on some amazing ships rangeing from cargo vessles/ferries to super yachts for multi millionaires. Currently worked on the New Aircraft carriers for britain and wouldn't want to change my job for anything.

The people around me help the office environment as its like having another family only they are at work.

I get so much satisfaction from it on a daily basis as there is always something different to see to. I have recently been made up to a group leader (right hand man to my boss) and am regually left in charge when he is away or attending meetings/confrences etc.

Although there is great pressure to meet targets on a regular basis but I am one of those lucky people that thrive under presure as the results can be very rewarding.

And when you get to walk around a multi millionaires playtoy it is absolutley amazing to see the money involved in these vessles.

Any chance you can get my package to Brumerican faster? :P I'm really sorry it sucks so bad. But at least now you have something else to look forward to. Any idea what you want to do?

Only if it's got a barcode, as the only mail I get involved with is the guaranteed next day stuff :winkold:

My wife and I are looking to move out to Thailand next year, hopefully after the summer.

At the beginng of this year we'd pretty much decided we were going to go within a couple years anyway, so we were going to ditch our jobs and then make the move. By getting a nice redundancy pay off, other than bringing the date forward by a year, it's actually made it much easier as I would have chucked my job and walked away with nothing, happy days eh! :)

Hate it at the minute I do stock control which I love doing but I really hate the place I am at. Had 2 interviews last week so keeping my fingers crossed I can get out of this job.

I want to train to be an accountant but the funds are just not in place at the minute :(

I've always worked to live rather than live to work

Also been super confident for years on the job front BUT for the first time in my life I'm concerned, things seem really out of kilter across much of the globe

Â