Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Has anyone seen that stat about 15 goals and 15 assists in a Premier league season? Only Henry, Cantona, Hazard and Le Tissier I think.

Although only Henry and Hazard in 38 game season.

That would be some company to join.

Edited by turvontour

I love coming to this thread now, knowing I don't have to preach to any doubters how how good Ollie is...

His performances and his stats do all the talking for him now!

On 06/03/2024 at 09:27, turvontour said:

Has anyone seen that stat about 15 goals and 15 assists in a Premier league season? Only Henry, Cantona, Hazard and Le Tissier I think.

Although only Henry and Hazard in 38 game season.

That would be some company to join.

And yet hello be lucky to get on the plane this summer as conkface loves Toney, even pleaded for a lesser ban. 

If he could play right central DM like Kane, come deep and get the ball from the keeper like Kane, in games move to right back like Kane, then maybe, just maybe, Gareth may consider him over Callum Wilson or I am Toney or Marcus Rashford 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

If he could play right central DM like Kane, come deep and get the ball from the keeper like Kane, in games move to right back like Kane, then maybe, just maybe, Gareth may consider him over Callum Wilson or I am Toney or Marcus Rashford 🙄

Would he also have to underperform in big matches like Kane? 

I'd have liked to have seen how he'd have done in the 2nd half if we hadn't shat the bed. He wasn't great but Tottenham defended brilliantly and we just couldn't create a clear cut chance when we were on the break.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He did, he sliced it and was very very lucky but he did touch the ball

Im talking about the one he was down for and spurs didn’t kick it out.  Was that the one?

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Im talking about the one he was down for and spurs didn’t kick it out.  Was that the one?

Yeah I think so, he took a wild swing at it, sliced it and it spun to the keeper, the follow through he clattered Ollie 

I actually thought it was a good shout for a penalty. Guess the "threshold" wasn't high enough but Ollie was clattered no question and plenty of those incidents are given as penalties.

He took a knock from that and then there was another collision a few minutes later in which he was holding his knee for a minute or two so I suspect we'd have taken him off if it had been a bottom half team.

Simply didn't look as sharp as normal on the counter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I think so, he took a wild swing at it, sliced it and it spun to the keeper, the follow through he clattered Ollie 

Ok.  Yeah well, the keeper looked like the ball was out over end line to.  

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He did, he sliced it and was very very lucky but he did touch the ball

I'll need to see it again but he wiped Watkins out as well if I remember right. I don't care how much he got on the ball, if you wipe a player out it should be a foul.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I'll need to see it again but he wiped Watkins out as well if I remember right. I don't care how much he got on the ball, if you wipe a player out it should be a foul.

Yeah I agree, he widely swung at it missed what he was trying to do, was incredibly lucky to slice the ball with the top of his foot and then booted Ollie 

It wasnt a case of Ollie would get the ball if he wasn't taken out, the tackle did take the ball away 

But him touching the ball doesn't make it a good tackle, it was a bad tackle, I just don't think as the game is reffed now that's going to be given as a pen, we've seen worse ones not given (trez vs Brighton) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I agree, he widely swung at it missed what he was trying to do, was incredibly lucky to slice the ball with the top of his foot and then booted Ollie 

It wasnt a case of Ollie would get the ball if he wasn't taken out, the tackle did take the ball away 

But him touching the ball doesn't make it a good tackle, it was a bad tackle, I just don't think as the game is reffed now that's going to be given as a pen, we've seen worse ones not given (trez vs Brighton) 

It's a pet peeve of mine. Tarkowski got away with two of them against us, Gibbs-White got away with two against United. 'Oh he got the ball' - what about the fact that the recipient could have had a horrific injury?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Seen them given

Edited by Follyfoot

Â