Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

It was started early yesterday from “journalist” Ronan Murphy, from a crappy website

I saw it linked from a Spanish transfer site 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Isn't he an Arsenal fan? Be difficult to keep him I feel if they did come in with a bid.

Arsenal spent £100m on rice last summer as part of a £200m+ splurge 

Something tells me (hopefully) that they've dropped the ball with havertz, they should have put that money towards Ollie if they really wanted him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen link to Arsenal for 85 million... Arsenal " preparing " a bid.

I think people underestimate what a massive loss Ollie would be.

Would need to be stupid money imo.

Hopefully those teams settle for Ivan Toney or something.

Have they checked the war chest? At least they are not putting the finishing touches to a bid and it has not been launched yet to test our resolve 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With his numbers and it being so hard to find a top striker these days I would be surprised if clubs weren’t looking at him. Whether they will be willing to or able to pay crazy money for him is a different story. 

The clubs willing to pay for him is the most important part. Madrid made their big splash with Mbappe. Bayern already went with Kane.

Arsenal have spent loads the last summer - can't see them getting Ollie unless they offload a lot of players. City have Haaland. Squint and maybe Liverpool if they sell Salah? Would certainly fit right in for them.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

£85 million? When do they want the other boot? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ollie's an Arsenal fan as well. But unless they pay 125m, they can **** off.

33 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

The clubs willing to pay for him is the most important part. Madrid made their big splash with Mbappe. Bayern already went with Kane.

Arsenal have spent loads the last summer - can't see them getting Ollie unless they offload a lot of players. City have Haaland. Squint and maybe Liverpool if they sell Salah? Would certainly fit right in for them.

He would but they spent a fair bit on Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo and Jota. Be surprised if they splashed another 80 million plus on a forward. Injuries aside I’d say they have plenty of attacking options 

Dont see Ollie going anywhere. Will be happy playing Champions League football with the club he loves.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He would but they spent a fair bit on Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo and Jota. Be surprised if they splashed another 80 million plus on a forward. Injuries aside I’d say they have plenty of attacking options 

Dont see Ollie going anywhere. Will be happy playing Champions League football with the club he loves.

I agree. No reason to go. No club is set up for the buy. 

The reason something like this concerns me is that the players must know, the same way that we do, that FFP is a loaded die. Unless they go to one of the clubs that seemingly get to spend with impunity, they know, as Ollie does by staying here, that realistically we are not going to be spending the cash to bring in the best in the world to play alongside him. At least not anytime soon, even if we do get to play in the CL.

This situation is a direct result of the way the PL has been managed, and there is no financial imperative to change it.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

The reason something like this concerns me is that the players must know, the same way that we do, that FFP is a loaded die. Unless they go to one of the clubs that seemingly get to spend with impunity, they know, as Ollie does by staying here, that realistically we are not going to be spending the cash to bring in the best in the world to play alongside him. At least not anytime soon, even if we do get to play in the CL.

This situation is a direct result of the way the PL has been managed, and there is no financial imperative to change it.

I agree with this, but you are discounting the Emery factor. Ollie will know from the improvements in his game and those around him that we do not need the very best to compete with the very best because we have the very best manager.

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I agree with this, but you are discounting the Emery factor. Ollie will know from the improvements in his game and those around him that we do not need the very best to compete with the very best because we have the very best manager.

Agreed and until or if it ever sours under Emery, a lot of these players who had to work with the charlatans Gerrard and Beale will have a greater appreciation of what it's like to work under an elite manager as opposed to just another jokester for another club.

So unless they're going to a Pep or a Klopp, what's the point of moving.

• Like 1

Â