Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

It does contribute.

But that's not what you said. You said "It's a fact that he won us the game today. Fact".

Which it isn't. Luiz had to score the penalty. Martinez had to make excellent saves. Tielemens had to play the pass for Watkins to win the penalty.

You will be the only person on Terra Firma to think Watkins won us today's game.

I'll concede purely because you use the term terra firma. 

And because I've had around 15 pints. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's won us the penalty that made it 2-1, without that we wouldn't have scored the 3rd. He's tried until the 95th minutes he missed chances but his head never dropped and in the end he won us the game, its a rather simple fact to try a grasp, isn't it? 

Yes, it is. A player being dogs**t for most of a game isn't a positive.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Ok well enjoy living in opposite land where Eze scored a second and Watkins didn't win the game winning pen.

I'd just rather win games comfortably by taking easy chances and not having to worry as much about dangerous counters.

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I could have been born with a 15 inch wanger and married Halle Berry in 2000. 

But it didn't happen did it. 

But it could have. Much less chance of you marrying Halle Berry (not being assumptious about your charm, just assuming you've never met her ;) )

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd just rather win games comfortably by taking easy chances and not having to worry as much about dangerous counters.

Wrong club, mate. 😉 

39 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The point I am contesting was that he didn't win the game? He had a huge hand in winning the game. 

You've gone miles off-piste. 

Ollie contributed as much today vs. CP as rat-face did for Newcastle vs. Brentford, and rat-face will be hailed as "the game winner." And Ollie didn't embarrass himself doing it.

Some days he's on, some days he's off. As long as he's challenging and pushing, I''m basically happy. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it's controlled and designed to pull them out from being set

Palace did not get the memo till about the 87th minute. But generally, I agree Watkins is fine.
I would like our 'control' to be a bit quicker whilst we are pulling the opposition out of shape.

And as you say, it will come.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I like how we have this expectation of strikers as a fanbase as if we have a history of having prolific strikers. In 30 years we haven't had a single one get 20 league goals. 

It's not his goals!

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I like how we have this expectation of strikers as a fanbase as if we have a history of having prolific strikers. In 30 years we haven't had a single one get 20 league goals. 

I think Villa fans expect more than one goal in 12 games. Works out around 3.2 goals for the season. Does that match your expectations?

11 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I think Villa fans expect more than one goal in 12 games. Works out around 3.2 goals for the season. Does that match your expectations?

Some people thought Benteke was rubbish first season with only 6 goals by January

21 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

He's a 1 in 3 striker for us, and 1 in 2 under Emery. I'm pretty happy with that yes, given what else he offers.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Then you must have someone else in mind because he does the other aspects of the game better than 99% of other strikers in this league.

No, he doesn't! His passing is poor, his touch is poor. Yes he brings energy, but this is simply not true. So many moves break down because of his ability to make the right decision quickly, or to execute it.

Â