Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Have you filled out your apology form too, Ma? 😁

not rly tbh, he is on fire right now, credit where its due, he looks a different player under Emery.

Doesnt detract from the fact he wasnt great at times before.

someone can be poor then great, doesnt mean they werent poor then, or arent great now, but im not too proud to admit he looks brilliant right now, credit where its due, i dont hate on players for the sake of it, i try to just say what i see, wrongly or rightly. 😁

Edited by MaVilla

Sign the fookin contract Ollie. Got a feeling Arteta will be in for him or even Manure. Commit your future to the best manager on the planet !! 

Sometimes you see players go to the next level rather than have a purple patch. This is next level. Emery has taught him how to be a better centreforward

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1

We honestly need to sort out his contract ASAP. Vultures will be circling and rightly so. He hasn't had a new one since being here?

There are players on the bench and injury table earning almost double as much as him, which is farcical.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not rly tbh, he is on fire right now, credit where its due, he looks a different player under Emery.

someone can be poor then great, doesnt mean they werent poor then, or arent great now, but im not too proud to admit he looks brilliant right now, credit where its due, i dont hate on players for the sake of it, i try to just say what i see, wrongly or rightly. 😁

Mate... I can teach you how to moonwalk.... 😎

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We honestly need to sort out his contract ASAP. Vultures will be circling and rightly so. He hasn't had a new one since being here?

There are players on the bench and injury table earning almost double as much as him, which is farcical.

There were reports the other day about him being about to sign a new contract for 100k per week, which is obviously good money but sounded low to me.

100k would make him our 5th or 6th highest earner I think.

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

14 goals and 6 assists now in the league

He is leading both charts for us. He could end up with close to 30 goal contributions in the league this season

I think he's just beaten his PL scoring record for goals in a season and we still have 7 games to go. If I remember correctly 🙄🤞I think he scored 13 in his first season with us, 2020/21.

56 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Which would be a perfectly fair position, had you not posted:

On 22/05/2022 at 18:51, MaVilla said:

rubbish.

seriously, absolute smoking t**d of a player.

• Haha 1

Great performance today - really pleased to see that he has finally managed to end his run of not scoring more than once in a match.  The way we are set up and playing under Emery is definitely playing to his strengths and with confidence he is hitting almost everything quicker and harder.  Very unlucky not to end up with four or five today - his performance would have entirely justified scoring that many.

10 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

I think he can reach 20 goals in the PL for us this season!

Quiz Question is:

Who was last player to score 20 goals in a PL season for Aston Villa? (No cheating! If you cheat and google the answer you will get bad Karma for life)  

Is it a trick question because nobody has?

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Is it a trick question because nobody has?

Yeah, think so   My memory only goes back to the PL with 38 games and I know no one has it hit it since then. 

25 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Quiz Question is:

Who was last player to score 20 goals in a PL season for Aston Villa? (No cheating! If you cheat and google the answer you will get bad Karma for life)  

Did Benteke? Feel like he must have been close. 

Edited by Tayls

26 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Quiz Question is:

Peter Withe last hit 20 goals top division but Tammy did in Championship

Both more than 38 games

9 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Yeah, think so   My memory only goes back to the PL with 38 games and I know no one has it hit it since then. 

Benteke got 19 and then missed last game of the season (vs. Wigan?) after getting suspended. Don’t remember anyone else doing it (definitely not since!). Think JPA did 20 in all comps on year though.

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Did Benteke? Feel like he must have been close. 

Think he got about 17, same as Yorke in their most prolific seasons, but both got a fair few extra from cup games too, so both got over 20 in total ( I think, haven't googled, just from memory ) but only in the league

Â