Academy General Topic

smetrov

The Senior players made a hell of a difference and we just ran out of a bit of steam. Murphy has to start for me on Sunday with Ayew but unfortunately Black picks the team!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Djemba_Villan said:

That video is embarrassing. Have fans like these always existed? I genuinely don't know whether this kind of wingeing is limited to my 'sky era' or were, say, Leeds/Ipswich fans (when they were decent) just as bad years ago. Would fans of 3rd place from pre-sky have held the same kind of opinions?

No. I am afraid it is a fairly recent phenomenon. But I think pre `Sky era'. I would say it started with the rise of Man U and Liverpool, with their plastic fans..

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What about the others?

I'd start Lyden and Sarkic aswell to be fair and if Black insist on a 3 at the back I'd play Kinella so something like 

Sarkic Kinsella Toner Clark Lescott Bacuna Lyden Westwood Gana Ayew Murphy 

we lose we lose but just have a go I'd drop Bacuna straight away if a better RB option the same goes for Lescott on the right side of defence! 

23 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I'd start Lyden and Sarkic aswell to be fair and if Black insist on a 3 at the back I'd play Kinella so something like 

Sarkic Kinsella Toner Clark Lescott Bacuna Lyden Westwood Gana Ayew Murphy 

we lose we lose but just have a go I'd drop Bacuna straight away if a better RB option the same goes for Lescott on the right side of defence! 

Thanks very much, I think kinsella is out of contract after the Newcastle, you wouldn't play Green or Suliman? They are the 2 best prospects in my opinion

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

28 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

The Senior players made a hell of a difference and we just ran out of a bit of steam. Murphy has to start for me on Sunday with Ayew but unfortunately Black picks the team!!! 

Yes the impact of the senior players can't be underestimated, Coquelin as a destroyer and Cazorla dictating the tempo were huge factors in the midfield for Arsenal. Very naughty of Arsenal imo.  

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Yes the impact of the senior players can't be underestimated, Coquelin as a destroyer and Cazorla dictating the tempo were huge factors in the midfield for Arsenal. Very naughty of Arsenal imo.  

Very unsporting but I think it will only benefit our young players in the short and long term. To play at The Emirates and against players such as Cazorla and Coquelin will only serve our players well, they will never forget that experience regardless of what happens in the future

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks very much, I think kinsella is out of contract after the Newcastle, you wouldn't play Green or Suliman? They are the 2 best prospects in my opinion

I think Jack and Adama are ahead of Green thought about Suliman as RCB but to have Toner and Kinsella in there maybe too much. If we had 2 decent FB's I'd play Toner and Suliman but we don't. I think Suliman could be back up for RCB next year. He needs to be tested above u21 level regular so a loan may be better to start. 

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I think Jack and Adama are ahead of Green thought about Suliman as RCB but to have Toner and Kinsella in there maybe too much. If we had 2 decent FB's I'd play Toner and Suliman but we don't. I think Suliman could be back up for RCB next year. He needs to be tested above u21 level regular so a loan may be better to start. 

Agreed, Suliman looks to have outgrown u21 football in my opinion, we have reason for optimism though I think. There are some really brilliant young players in that youth team, whether they are good enough for our first team remains to be seen

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed, Suliman looks to have outgrown u21 football in my opinion, we have reason for optimism though I think. There are some really brilliant young players in that youth team, whether they are good enough for our first team remains to be seen

For years we've been under pressure and not played the kids hopefully we can be a top team next year and they can grow in a winning side. A good solid Championship season for a few will get them top loans when we come up or they'll be fighting for our team in the PL.   We just need a confident manager who trusts them. 

• Like 1

what a joke, Arsenal so sore about being unable to compete for the title have to field senior players so they can win an U21 play off.

I hear some of their first team will be turning out for the Annual Over 80s Women's Only tournament in order to ensure they win.

The Arsenal team was a bit silly but they weren't breaking any rules. Disappointing we couldn't go that last step and get promotion but I'm sure this experience will do them good. I hope a few of them are involved in the first team next season.

Just now, Farlz said:

The Arsenal team was a bit silly but they weren't breaking any rules. Disappointing we couldn't go that last step and get promotion but I'm sure this experience will do them good. I hope a few of them are involved in the first team next season.

odd then that we didn't play Traore, Grealish, Okore, Gil maybe even Ayew?

but fair play to our young players who did play, they sounded superb

31 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

odd then that we didn't play Traore, Grealish, Okore, Gil maybe even Ayew?

I guess that unlike our opponents we felt that playing senior players would be a little unfair on the players who had got us to this U21 play off in the first place.   

• Like 1

Â