Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

We're losing 4-0, according to the stats on the official site West Ham have had fifteen shots at goal, nine of those on target, versus three shot off target for us and they all came after West Ham had already scored three of their goals.

19 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure what this is exactly, but we've been drawn in a group with West Brom, West Ham, and Burnley.

'The U16 PL National final has been drawn tonight 👀 Tournament takes place this weekend at Loughborough! Will be interesting to see who wins it'

The Secret Scout

In better news our U16s beat Burnley 2-1 today in the above mentioned competition.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Finished 5-0 to West Ham, we've lot of players missing that could have played such as Aaron O'Reilly, Patterson, Feeney, Burchall, Reddin, Shakpoke, and Barnes is only now just returning, but still a disappointing result against a West Ham team that were only two points ahead of us in the league.

He's put a picture on his instagram of himself in training gear with the caption 'one week' and a timer... So hopefully that's an indication that he's close to returning from injury... Looks like he was with the team today.

Edited by useless

3 hours ago, useless said:

In better news our U16s beat Burnley 2-1 today in the above mentioned competition.

In our other two games we lost to West Ham and beat West Brom 1-0, which apparently means we finished top of our group and are through to the semi-finals tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ashton McWilliams is apparently at the current England U15 camp, not sure of his exact position but I think he's an attacking player, we signed him and his younger brother from Northampton a year so back.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, useless said:

Sam Proctor the young goalkeeper that we signed from Peterborough has apparently been called up to the England U16 squad.

Where have you heard that he has been called up to the England U16 squad? I am not doubting you, you are a fountain of knowledge 

It was posted on the 'bigsoccer' forum and they're pretty reliable on there. He's also posted a picture on his instagram of him in England training gear from St Georges' Park. I did wonder if he might be with the U15s which is why I said 'apparently', but if they're saying he's with the u16s on that forum then they're probably right, he's definitely away with England at the moment.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Archie Duerden made his debut for the U18s yesterday, other U16 players Ilani Edwards, and Charlie Pavey were also in the squad, Pavey making his first U18 appearance of the season. Kadan Young not involved he's with England U16s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure of the date, but France are streaming their game against England, so might be a chance to see him play in that, although there's probably a good chance that there will be some rotation to the starting eleven.

• Thanks 1

England U16 game v France will be streamed on youtube tomorrow...

There's no guarantee, but I imagine Kadan Young will play some part, he started the first two games, Proctor is definitely in the squad but hasn't played yet, I think he's still young for this level, so doing well just to be involved.

• Thanks 2

Â