Academy General Topic

smetrov

59 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bugger, a dislocated shoulder.... that could be several months.

Could also become a regular problem; I hope not though.

Really hoping a few of these lads can get a decent number of games next season and really kick on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

No news on his injury yet - he didn't look good. Hopefully he won't be out for a long spell as certainly could be within the three first team keepers next season

Him, Steer and Siegrist next year?

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Could be but I'd be a bit worried if those were our goalkeeping options for a whole season 

So would I - which I guess is my roundabout way of saying that I don't think Sarkic will be working with the first team next season.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

So would I - which I guess is my roundabout way of saying that I don't think Sarkic will be working with the first team next season.

Maybe but I think he's a better option than Steer and Siegrist

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Maybe but I think he's a better option than Steer and Siegrist

I've not seen enough of him to make a good judgement on that, but I like Steer and have a feeling he could end up as our number 1 next season.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've not seen enough of him to make a good judgement on that, but I like Steer and have a feeling he could end up as our number 1 next season.

I think you could be right, the only thing going against Sarkic is his age

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Could be but I'd be a bit worried if those were our goalkeeping options for a whole season 

Isn't siegrist leaving? Thought I saw he wasnt offered a contract.

Edited by mikeyp102

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why? He's 22 and has never played above League Two. 

genuinely just because I'd read and heard good reviews of him in the past, we should know not all players blossom early and thought he might be worth at least keeping on, especially now we are a league lower. However, I don't think I've seen him play more than part of a pre season game and some U21 highlights so none of it is based on actually watching him play.

Â