Academy General Topic

smetrov

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Sellars is another who seems to have gone off the radar, but the club must still rate him as he signed a new deal in early July. Thought he looked pretty good last summer in pre-season.

Agreed, he is a good finisher but I don't think there's much more to his game than that, do you agree useless?

Can't say I've seen a great deal of him to be honest. When I saw him a few times last pre-season, he reminded me of a similar type of player to Sterling, unless I'm getting him mixed up with someone else.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Can't say I've seen a great deal of him to be honest. When I saw him a few times last pre-season, he reminded me of a similar type of player to Sterling, unless I'm getting him mixed up with someone else.

He's a striker, he scored a couple for our first team last pre season, he's decent, in the mould of a poacher

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Who are our reserve/academy full backs? 

Mitchell Clark is a 17 year old right back who can play centre back if need be, he's brilliant, he's on a professional contact, he plays for Wales at u17 level

Tom Leggett is a very solid right back, always does his job, we signed him from Southampton a few years ago, he's about 19/20 years old

Jow Linley who we signed from West Ham a year ago, I haven't seen him play yet but I have heard good reports, I think he's 18 years old

Joonas Sundman, a Finnish left back who is about 18 years old, I've only seen him play once and he was more than solid

Johan Abdoul, a left back who I've only seen once or twice, he's terrible to be honesr

• Like 1

Cheers SGC. I was just wondering whether we had anything in our ranks that could come in and do a job for the first team now!

• Like 1

What happened to that highly rated midfielder who left for Arsenal? Can't think of his name. Is he still there? 

Edited by Xela

39 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's the one! Cheers! 

Is he with the U23's?

He made his u21 debut last season, I assume he's still in with them.

Â