Academy General Topic

smetrov

4 hours ago, Rickard said:

Joonas Sundman was selected to represent Finland U19. It's been a while since his last match for national teams, can anyone shed some light on how's he been doing lately? 

I've seen him play once and he was more than decent, he played at left back, he's got good awareness and delivery on him, I like him

• Like 1

Might go to this.  Do they let you park at the ground for these games???

29 AUG AVFC u23 vs Newcastle United u23 B'HOL Monday

2nd Home game of the #PL2 season. 1 of only 4 league games at Villa Park this season. Typically free to season ticket holders and £2 adults / £1 concessions. Tickets at ticket office on the day.BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY

A cheap day out for the family and a great chance to see our potential stars of the future. You are sure to see the likes of highly rated Kevin Toner & Rushian Hepburn-Murphy who are tipped to play a part in this seasons first team fixtures. Callum O'Hare, Rory Hale & Khalid Abdo have all recently returned from injury, whilst the likes of Mitchell Clark (Wales U19), Joonas Sundman & Viktor Johansson have all recently been promoted from u18. After beating Newcastle in the final of the Hong Kong soccer 7's this Summer, Villa will be looking to earn their first 3 points of the 2016/17 Premier league 2 season versus Newcastle on the 29th August, on home soil at Villa Park.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1723544951246098/

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Tottenham Hotspur U18s have climbed to second spot on the league table on the back of their 5-1 rout of Aston Villa at Hotspur Way Training Centre (London) on Saturday, August 27.

Goals from Roles, Aramide Oteh and Brown put Spurs 3-0 up before Kelsey Mooney reduced the deficit when he converted a spot kick in the 14th minute.

On 44 minutes, the Nigerian striker bagged his brace, scoring a brilliant left-foot volley after he was teed up by Bennetts.

In the second half, Aramide Oteh was denied a hat-trick when his shot from close range was saved by Aston Villa’s Swedish goalkeeper Johansson.

The highly-rated Aston Villa goalkeeper Emmanuel Idem was an unused substitute, Oteh started and completed the game, while  Spurs midfielder Moroyin Omolabi subbed out ten minutes out of intermission. 

Link

Just got back from this.  Very good performance (4-0) and enjoyed watching the youngsters; very impressed with Callum O'Hare and Khalid Abdo; think they are ones to watch for the future.  Kozak got a hat-trick; quiet for a lot of the game but every time he got a chance he took it well.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just got back from this.  Very good performance (4-0) and enjoyed watching the youngsters; very impressed with Callum O'Hare and Khalid Abdo; think they are ones to watch for the future.  Kozak got a hat-trick; quite for a lot of the game but every time he got a chance he took it well.

I was also there. Johan Abdoul got the other one, very good performance from our lads, I saw Jordan Lyden and Mile Jedinak in the crowd. I can only only echo your comments Gary Thomas, I thought Mitchell Clark was outstanding at centre back, he's going to be a very good player in my opinion, he's on a professional contract. Abdoul is terrible at left back but that's not his natural position in my opinion, he's a centre back, he was great there today alongside Clark

• Like 1

BBC

BBC reporting McKirdy joining Stevenage on loan now.

Stevenage have signed Peterborough's Kgosi Ntlhe on undisclosed terms and Nottingham Forest's Tyler Walker and Aston Villa's Harry McKirdy on loan.

Striker Walker, 19, made his Forest debut in March 2015 and has gone on to make 21 Championship appearances, his only goal coming against Brentford.

Defender Ntlhe, 22, played 89 times for Posh, has one South Africa cap and signed a deal of undisclosed length.

Forward McKirdy, 19, has yet to make a first-team appearance for Villa.

Â