Academy General Topic

smetrov

9 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Kinsella has been released 

Superb left back, he'll have no shortage of takers, just goes to show how good you have to be to make it here, he is an excellent player, all the best to him

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Superb left back, he'll have no shortage of takers, just goes to show how good you have to be to make it here, he is an excellent player, all the best to him

Yeah only the real superstars like Gabby get into the team and stay there. Forever..... and ever..... and....

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Very unsporting but I think it will only benefit our young players in the short and long term. To play at The Emirates and against players such as Cazorla and Coquelin will only serve our players well, they will never forget that experience regardless of what happens in the future

Whilst i agree that the experience will be of benefit, the flip side is that they could have been playing against better players week in week out had we been promoted. I know no rules where broken, but Coquelin and Cazorla are Arsenals first 11 midfield paring, i think its bloody disgusting.  

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn't go as far to call a LB whose only taker was bottom of the conference Kidderminster as "superb".

Good luck to the lad though.

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

21 and playing for Kidderminster. Something tells me he is anything but superb.

Sherwood didn't have spout some shit.

He was a free transfer, I've seen him play quite a few times and he has impressed me every time. In my opinion, if a player has played for a club as big as Arsenal at any level then that usually means that they are good quality

• 2 weeks later...

Hong Kong Soccer 7s underway

Villa have won their opening two matches (beating Kitchee 1-0 and Hong Kong Soccer Club 3-0) and are next on against Newcastle having already qualified for the next stages

The tourno is being shown live on youtube too

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 4

Villa have won all three matches today - beating Newcastle 1-0 in the final game (Corey Taylor with the goal)

Only managed to watch that game but RHM looks quick, Abdo very composed on the ball and Oscar Borg did alright at the back.

Keinan Davis looked a bit gangly and awkward but believe he bagged a brace in the earlier match!

Some nice interplay between the young lads - hopefully bodes well for our future

Tomorrow we play Kashima Antlers of Japan in the knockouts

• Like 2

Strange how I consider this "our" tournament, not sure if that because we've won it because we've taken it more seriously or because we are just better, I imagine there's actually a fair bit of pressure on these guys to perform

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Strange how I consider this "our" tournament, not sure if that because we've won it because we've taken it more seriously or because we are just better, I imagine there's actually a fair bit of pressure on these guys to perform

It is "our" tournament as we're 5-time champions we're a dominant force in the tournament and it's a testament to how consistent our academy actually is at producing talent. Sure many don't go on to have insane senior careers, but at this level there are few clubs better than Aston Villa U21.

• Like 3

villa through to the final with a comfortable 2-0 win against wellington phoenix.

both goals from mckirdy who is now on 5 for the tourno and could very well pick up the golden boot. Who would have forseen that?

• Like 1

Â