Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

10 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

He could have signed a new deal and gone on loan to do that though!  Doesn't help your point that you're being incredibly patronising to another poster who is offering valid reasoning as to why it doesn't totally make sense.

Apologies if it offends you, I'm not trying to rational a point or justify a reason. 

The lad has gone to play football week in week out at the highest level in club football 

It really is that simple. 

This is my last comment on his decision. Thanks 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I really respect your posts Useless but on this occasion it is only opinion. Who knows why its Aaron rather than Jaden that is being sold . Maybe it could be that Aaron is farther away from his potential ceiling and he is being sold in order for him to get the games he needs with the caveat that we can buy him back in a couple of years if he makes the strides that we hope he can. Maybe they feel Jaden can do a job now being a year older and being a winger rather than an am /10. Maybe they feel Jaden is near his ceiling so can do a job as a squad player without ruining his development. 

And maybe just maybe it is Aaron and his agent who want it . And Villa are coming up with a solution that allows us to keep some semblance of control over his future. 

All conjecture at the moment and it will come out in the wash down the line i guess.

Maybe both will be sold

I think this is probably a sensible deal for all concerned, provided we do get agreement on a buyback clause.

Given our current league position and squad, I really think it will be hard for youngsters to break through. And I think it’s more likely than not that Aaron doesn’t become a top 6 midfielder, because so few youth prospects actually do.

So if we have to pay Burnley an extra 10-15m in two years to buy him back, it’s probably still a sensible investment for us.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Apologies if it offends you, I'm not trying to rational a point or justify a reason. 

The lad has gone to play football week in week out at the highest level in club football 

It really is that simple. 

This is my last comment on his decision. Thanks 

Not offended just wasn't necessary.

I wish him all the best I've always rated him highly.  Only down side of selling rather than loaning is we can't prevent him playing against us.  

I don’t feel as disappointed after listening to the lads on the Love of McGrath podcast. Sounds like this is a Monchi driven thing, happens in Spain apparently, particularly Madrid. If it is Monchi, I think AJ won’t be the last to leave this way.

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Why do you think that?  On the basis that the rest of us have head of a buy back clause, it's hard to believe that it's a brand new sporting director to suggest one. 

I'd suggest it's more the fact that for the very first time we are in a position where a player would consider signing a buy back clause with us. It's worth remembering that the player also needs to agree to it and up until now we were attractive enough that anyone would think about doing that. 

Nearly every Spanish deal has a buy back clause, city have put them in since pep joined with the Luiz and Lavia deals

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

If Monchi wasn’t here no chance we would have even suggested this buy back clause, it’s good money for a player who has played 0 minutes in the premier, he wasnt going to get much game time or make the matchday squad with the current players in front of him, see how he gets on there and take up this buy back if he shows he is decent in the premier 

I get that we’re happy to have him, but come on.

Every man and his dog have heard about a buy back clause, it’s not like some genius move move only the great Monchi would have thought of.

How about flipping this on its head?

if Monchi wasn’t here, no way would we deal of departing with one of the most promising 20yr olds in the country for a fee of £1m more that what we paid for Nakamba…

This is not a situation where Monchi needs his balls licking.

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

Every man and his dog have heard about a buy back clause, it’s not like some genius move move only the great Monchi would have thought of.

if Monchi wasn’t here, no way would we deal of departing with one of the most promising 20yr olds in the country for a fee of £1m more that what we paid for Nakamba…

Flipping that on its head, how many of our youngsters have we sold for double figures?

1 minute ago, beasley14 said:

Flipping that on its head, how many of our youngsters have we sold for double figures?

I’m not saying saying it’s a bad move.

But making out  like Monchi invented the buy back clause is a bit of of a stretch, no?

12 minutes ago, Thug said:

Have we ever done it before he joined? No, most the Spanish teams have them in a clause pretty much like city have done since pep joined

How is that ball licking I’ll never know for having an opinion!

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

I’m not saying saying it’s a bad move.

But making out  like Monchi invented the buy back clause is a bit of of a stretch, no?

Agreed, that's fair.  Using it at Villa I would suggest is his influence though, its far more common in Spain.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Have we ever done it before he joined? No, most the Spanish teams have them in a clause pretty much like city have done since pep joined

How is that ball licking I’ll never know for having an opinion!

I’ve been back and re read what you wrote.

My bad, you make a good point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thug said:

I’ve been back and re read what you wrote.

My bad, you make a good point.

No worries mate, it’s finally good to have someone getting decent deals instead of the usual loan and letting them go on a free at the end of it

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

No worries mate, it’s finally good to have someone getting decent deals instead of the usual loan and letting them go on a free at the end of it

Think we’re going to see a lot of these kind of deals 

I normally like the Burnley transfer announcements too, but you just know they're going to play on the other Aaron Ramsey.

...that or it'll be the Key and Peele AARon clip..

...or maybe this is a behind the scenes as to how Monchi decided to sell AARon

Edited by HalfTimePost

Be sad to seem him go, however I think this move is probably being driven by the player, and credit to him if so as he wants to play first team football, has an offer to do that in the prem under a forward thinking manager and he will undoubtedly be the star of that team given regular playtime. Will get a decent salary too and still has the option to come back in the future should he want to.

From his perspective another loan in the championship will probably feel like he is regressing given he has an offer to do the same job in the most competitive league in the world. in an ideal world we would keep him around but i think given the player's desire to move and the pathway to the first team being hard, plus the positive for FFP over 5 years, its a move I can see the logic behind, even if i don't want it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thug said:

It's absolutely bollocks this deal.

I'll be  so consoled by the fact we had a buy back when he turns us down to join Arsenal for 40m

It's an absolute slap in the face to the academy and everything this club said it would stand for.

This club loses its identity every single day but I'm a troll on the wind up apparently so never-ending.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's absolutely bollocks this deal.

I'll be  so consoled by the fact we had a buy back when he turns us down to join Arsenal for 40m

It's an absolute slap in the face to the academy and everything this club said it would stand for.

This club loses its identity every single day but I'm a troll on the wind up apparently so never-ending.

The terms to rejoin us will already be agreed in the clause. We trigger it, he's our player again, when he's good enough for our first team. Which can only happen by being given a year or two playing in the PL - something we can't offer him.

It's a glorified loan, but without imposing restrictions on Burnley and letting them get a player they couldn't otherwise afford or wouldn't be sold at all, whilst giving us FFP room for £60m in transfer fees. This is the academy serving its purpose.

It's being handled by Monchi not Wyness. It's what the so-called "big clubs" do.

• Like 4

Â