Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Yeah, that deal isn’t happening. 😂

I think the best Burnley could hope for right now is a loan deal. Why would we sell off one of our most exciting youth prospects, especially for the paltry sum suggested.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah, that deal isn’t happening. 😂

I think the best Burnley could hope for right now is a loan deal. Why would we sell off one of our most exciting youth prospects, especially for the paltry sum suggested.

£10m loan fee sounds much more attractive 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yes, that sounds much better. 😄

In all seriousness though,   c.£5m loan fee isn't  totally  ridiculous.  £5m forma first  teamer/PL squad player for a season isn't completely barmy. After all, didn't  Chelsea pay something like £9m for half a season for Felix

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

In all seriousness though,   c.£5m loan fee isn't  totally  ridiculous.  £5m forma first  teamer/PL squad player for a season isn't completely barmy. After all, didn't  Chelsea pay something like £9m for half a season for Felix

It’s a strange one. On the one hand, £10m doesn’t seem a lot for a lad with a lot of potential but if the right deal helps us go out and sign a better player that is ready NOW then…

NSWE want to make CL and win trophies. £10m pure profit on the books could help us do that if spent wisely elsewhere.. 

Nixon is very reliable with Burnley and Blackburn info. Crap at everything else . Just checked. They have made one loan so far. So have 3 left under league rules. 

The romantic view is that him and JJ will be the backbone of our club for the next decade. Which could happen but is far more likely not to. 

I wouldnt discount this but i hope that if he does go it is on loan . 

• Like 1

A poster on Burnley forum as quoted Nixon as saying '‘I think they pull this one off, It’s got a strong chance’, apparenlty he said it on his patreon, which he uses to charge for transfer rumours.

For me would make no sense whatsoever to sell him, I watched as many Middlesbrough games as I could last season and he stood out way more than Archer did, he looked a top player, he's got the all round game and end product to go with it.

• Like 2

Ten million with twenty million buy back fee for the duration of his Burnley contract, I'd absolutely say yes. It's essentially what other teams have done to us. (As long as Aaron was on board with this). 

"Let Villa develop the player then we'll take him back when play time is over and he's ready to ball". Let's have Burnley et al do this with our players now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Ten million with twenty million buy back fee for the duration of his Burnley contract, I'd absolutely say yes. It's essentially what other teams have done to us. (As long as Aaron was on board with this). 

"Let Villa develop the player then we'll take him back when play time is over and he's ready to ball". Let's have Burnley et al do this with our players now.

Why do that when we can just loan him, unless of course the player wants to leave which I doubt he does.

I agree 10m is too low, but I'm not sure about the "we shouldn't be entertaining selling him" talk. Isn't that the whole reason we invested so heavily into our academy? They're not all going to make it into the first team. If we could get a Chuk-esque deal, that would be worth a lot in FFP terms.

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Which club did that to us?

To my knowledge we've only ever had Luiz with a buy back clause and that was because city couldn't get him a work permit

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I agree 10m is too low, but I'm not sure about the "we shouldn't be entertaining selling him" talk. Isn't that the whole reason we invested so heavily into our academy? They're not all going to make it into the first team. If we could get a Chuk-esque deal, that would be worth a lot in FFP terms.

There is nothing to suggest AJ won’t make it with us. We’re not supposed to sell the ones that are good enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There is nothing to suggest AJ won’t make it with us. We’re not supposed to sell the ones that are good enough.

True, he looks the best place of the bunch. I can't see him dislodging any first teamers any time soon though. It'll just be loan after loan I fear, by which point his value would likely plummet. It would have been the same with Archer, except he's lucky that we only have Ollie up front so he'll get a chance in the first team, but even that will likely be limited to cup competitions. 

True, he looks the best place of the bunch. I can't see him dislodging any first teamers any time soon though. It'll just be loan after loan I fear, by which point his value would likely plummet. It would have been the same with Archer, except he's lucky that we only have Ollie up front so he'll get a chance in the first team, but even that will likely be limited to cup competitions. 

I can’t agree. Another loan would suit him, ideally to a team like Burnley in the Prem. Then he’ll overtake Buendia in the team at some point.

If we don't sign anyone else I can see him playing in the ECL and we take it from there, he's on the list of players I think will stay until Jan once the ECL group stage, papa John's and league cup games are done

Â