The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

They were like rectangle shaped and then like ridged on the top? 

I used to love them as a kid, then cooked some as an adult and saw the amount of shit that came out of them and thought they might be a bit on the unhealthy side

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yep, we all ate them, we all liked them, we all wished our mom had bought mini kievs instead

Abso *** lutely. Kiev night with curly fries and beans was a favourite in my house only trumped by toad-in-the-hole night. 

She tried to cook a tuna pasta bake once. She got the message when I left some care home leaflets lying around.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

No you haven’t imagined it, as I remember them mate.  Don’t think they were great, as needed a bit of cooking I think to get them soft? 

The ketchup used to be hotter than magma when you bit into the potato croquette.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Mini kievs, birdseye potato waffles and sweetcorn. Dinner of (child) kings. 

I'm not having the sweetcorn, funny stuff, I can eat it if someone gave it to me but would never pick it out of choice and even then 2 mouthfuls and I've had enough 

No way would I take them over beans 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not having the sweetcorn, funny stuff, I can eat it if someone gave it to me but would never pick it out of choice 

No way would I take them over beans 

Was about the only vegetable i'd eat as a child... along with tinned carrots. Much more open to veg as an adult. 

Beans. Too messy. I like the taste but not the plate pollution they make. Even on a full English, I want them in a separate pot. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

My Mrs has fish. Chips, mushy peas, curry sauce, pickled onion, picked egg but no gravy. Make of that what you will. 

All good. You wouldn't have gravy with curry sauce. She seems wise in the ways of haute cuisine.

On 29/07/2020 at 17:04, bickster said:

Pickled onions are ace in the right place. Nice strong cheese or maybe a quality pork pie. Much nicer if you make them yourself.

With Fish and Chips, however, it’s a crime almost as heinous as gravy itself

It's the vinegar that makes it work. So first line definitely, agree second line - try it. Live a little :)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â