NFL Fantasy Football 2020???

maqroll

Just now, rjw63 said:

Is it cheating?

The only thing I don't understand is how he got in a private league and why he won't **** talk.

OK it sounds fishy, I admit. None of the 15 other players know who he is...

If somebody has a backup team full of players they can do dodgy trades. 

Even if it turns out that Alex is genuine , the fact he got a place over active VT users is enough reason for me leave.

• Like 1

Just now, Brumerican said:

If somebody has a backup team full of players they can do dodgy trades. 

Even if it turns out that Alex is genuine , the fact he got a place over active VT users is enough reason for me leave.

I think if you go, we should scrap the league and start again.

With no outsiders.

Yeah it’s not right. It put a taint on the draft with the crazy picks the unknown person made and like you say, making roster moves now just seems weird. 

Up to you guys, I’m happy to do it again if everyone else feels the same. I’ll carry on if not, it’s only a bit of fun at the end of the day. If it was a money league it would be different 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

How did they join though? I'm not sure of the mechanics of how it works but surely they'd have to request to join the league? 

Yes, it's a private league I believe, makes it all the more strange

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

My opposition Rb has scored an 80 yard TD inside 20 seconds of the start.

Think I'll go to **** bed now

Sorry, dude. Not over yet though!
This whole thing with the Raven's guy is weird. They'd have to have the league link to get in, surely? It's not a public league from what I can gather.
I guess so long as they don't trade with anyone it's not really an issue. Then again, if they do, and it's a massively lop-sided trade, then we'll know who the cheat is and a double ban can be handed out. With a bit of luck they'll reveal who they are.

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Ravens Flock should have accepted that Lambo for Barkley trade.

Surprised anybody's even bothered about their score today to be honest because ...

The commish should be around to sort this shit out, I mean it's Sunday. And I'm sure he could do it via mobile if he aint at home

1 hour ago, Beastmix said:

They'd have to have the league link to get in, surely? It's not a public league from what I can gather.
I guess so long as they don't trade with anyone it's not really an issue. Then again, if they do, and it's a massively lop-sided trade, then we'll know who the cheat is and a double ban can be handed out. With a bit of luck they'll reveal who they are.

I haven't checked back but I'm pretty sure the link was posted in this thread.

I agree it's weird, but nothing dodgy has happened as of yet. There's no point disbanding the league or throwing games because of it?

• Like 2

On 11/09/2020 at 22:28, Hornso said:

Alex is my alter-ego who I convinced to enter to ensure I don’t finish last...

Thought I should clear this up. This is a poor attempt at humour and not actually the case!!!

There was a user @TS who express an interest early in this thread, back in July. Could they be Alex?

13 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Did you see the draft ?

Huge asterisk here .

It was weird, but at least they've finally managed to field a team. I was worried they'd go the whole thing without a line-up, which would have sucked! The only real weirdness was them picking DEFS and Kickers, which aren't all too important and have since been released to free agency anyway, so no biggie.
My guess is they joined thinking it would be a bit of fun, didn't understand how NFL/Fantasy NFL works, started arranging an autodraft order (then got bored or didn't understand how to do it), and then when it came time to actually select a line-up (post-draft), realised their mistake and had to pick up free agents. It's the only logical conclusion really. It doesn't look like foul play, because they only really disadvantaged themselves.

• Like 2

What’s the rule on trades? Isn’t there normally a league vote to approve to ensure they are genuine? If so, if they try any funny stuff we could knock it on the head pretty quickly.

Dont want to ruin your season @Brumerican, especially when you are probably in contention for winning the thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Beastmix said:

My guess is they joined thinking it would be a bit of fun, 

My guess is somebody entered 2 teams then realised 2 drafts with one IP was more difficult than they thought. I'm a cynic though.

Regardless of that they should never have been allowed in when we had active users itching for a chance . It's not like I never brought this up BEFORE the draft either.

Sorry but this is dog shit.

12 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Thought I should clear this up. This is a poor attempt at humour and not actually the case

There was a user @TS who express an interest early in this thread, back in July. Could they be Alex?

It's not TS. That's my bro, who actually did want to play but didn't get round to sorting it until draft day, by which time we already had 16 teams.

• Thanks 1

Â